Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all two wheel fans ,after 25 years of riding .russian Urals,japies,and last 10 years lot of Harleys-last season i change my bike to Cross country.make in season 18k kilometers (11k miles),and found that was great bike.Now i'm here to found some answers to my questions about this bike :) ...sorry for my english,,i'm from small country - LITHUANIA

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut, USA! One more post or reply and the hidden forums will open for you. I think your English is just fine.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to owning a Victory. Your english is fine. This is a good place for information regarding your motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Welcome linas, and yes these bikes are superb...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome from the west coast of the USA (Oregon) You can learn a lot on this Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and one of bigest questions-why insides of exhausts too smokie?like is too fat mixture- air/gasol

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
and one of bigest questions-why insides of exhausts too smokie?like is too fat mixture- air/gasol
Hello from the snowed in Northeast, USA.....
If your not running some type of fuel turner you're missing out on a lot of performance. Freer flowing intake, exhaust and a proper tune will do wonders for your Victory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
air intake vict performance(stage1), exhausts RCcomponents..no catalists..Loidz timing..but diferences between hd exhausts insides and victy are big..its all rule ECM...so where is a hook

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
You might need a freer flowing intake (air filter). Lloydz sells an excellent one. It also sounds like you would benefit from a fuel tuner like what Lloydz sells to get the AFR (air/fuel ratio) right. I would recommend the Power Commander 5 normally but I don't know if you have people there who know how to tune them. There's also an Auto Tuner to match up with the PC5 which is how I'm running my bike along with a tune someone posted. You can find more info in the link in my sig line by clicking on "Free Service Manuals". There are some PC5 tunes in there.

If money is tight (and when isn't it?) you could just try the tuner first.

It generally isn't a good idea to remove the Cat's on Victory's either which it looks like yours does have them removed so that is also why you might be getting more soot on the inside of the pipes. The Cat's will burn a lot of that stuff up. Short of getting new header pipes though; the tuner is your next best thing to do. Others run without Cat's so it is doable.

Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts