Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in gods green earth do I remove those stock pieces of ****? I am putting some Ness ones on to match my new grips and can't figure out how to do it...

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tried compressing the little keeper and sliding the pin out... No dice. Anybody with some advice????

·
13,262 Posts
looks like you pull C clip and drive pin out with hammer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I ground that clip on the one side and took a flat head and pried it off of there. I then replaced it with a snap ring

·
Registered
783 Posts
What vcc said. That stupid little spring looking retainer thing is a 1 use item. It's not realistic to remove that thing and have it maintain a useful shape, so just get it off. I used some precision pliers.. Was still damned aggravating. When ready get the pin back in there and secure it with some snap rings from the store.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I used a flat jewelers screwdriver. Find the end of the spiral clip, push the screwdriver under it, twist slightly to lift the end of the clip over the end of the pin, run the screwdriver around the clip, and pull it off.
No hammer required and the clip should come off in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have a very small pair of snap ring pliers , with interchangeable tips . I used the smallest pair , and if you look close you can get the tips on the ends of the shitty little clip and actually spread it . This is how I did it on my Hammer , and it still sucked . I agree with Redd , a one use item .

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I replaced the factory pin with a simple clevis pin and clip.

·
13,262 Posts
Never reuse that wire spring clip.
Take pin go to hardware store and buy a new one. Taking the pin you get the right size

1 - 11 of 11 Posts