Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted lloyds about my bike, mentioned the exhaust and that I have noticed the swept pipes are not real power builders. He says that he sells some baffles for them that will help. Anyone running them? what other baffles are there for these? thanks

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yes I ran them. The made the sound more bottomy. Power wise no clue to tell the truth. I loved the sound. For more power 2 into 1 like rpw thor would be better

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
I put the big city thunder baffles in mine earlier this year. Sounds better, i didnt notice a power difference from the but dyno, but it should have helped some.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks NJ8BALL, good to know. What did they look like? Were they perforated tubes, or did they look similar to the ones from the swept pipes. I don't plan to change the pipes, I like the look, he said the baffles would help performance and lean it out some, since now I am running pretty rich.

And Lloyd said the thundermonsters were overpriced, these ones were like $30 or so, not the $130 or whatever the TMs are. Thanks for the replies, I have an email in to them to see how much and if they have any.

·
Registered
931 Posts
They are about 5 inches long, cone shaped perforated steel.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, sounds like they are RPW baffles, the cone shaped ones, how much louder then the swept baffles are they? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a pair today from Lloydz, now to get my old ones out, they have the allen headed bolts with the security pin thing in the middle, looks like I will need to get the drill out! haha

·
Registered
109 Posts
How much did the new baffles run ya? Did u call to order? Been lookin on his site for these and can't seem to find them

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered a pair today from Lloydz, now to get my old ones out, they have the allen headed bolts with the security pin thing in the middle, looks like I will need to get the drill out! haha
Just take a cut off wheel in an air grinder or a hack saw and cut a slot across the head. Then just use a screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought to try that first, I grabbed them with a vise grips and tried to unscrew them, no go, not sure if I will get them with the screwdriver or not, the heat from the grinder may help that though. thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got them installed, not so much louder exept at idle, its got more rumble/grumble to it, took it for a real short ride, it sounds better, more throaty, more clear of a sound also. Can't say i noticed a difference in performance in the short ride, but i hope it helps lean it out some, my plugs are pretty black!!

On a side note, anyone else that has the swept pipes take the baffles out and remove the honeycomb at the inlet side of the baffle?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Got them installed, not so much louder exept at idle, its got more rumble/grumble to it, took it for a real short ride, it sounds better, more throaty, more clear of a sound also. Can't say i noticed a difference in performance in the short ride, but i hope it helps lean it out some, my plugs are pretty black!!

On a side note, anyone else that has the swept pipes take the baffles out and remove the honeycomb at the inlet side of the baffle?
Didn't want to start a new thread but am very curious about the honeycomb. Typically that's some sort of cat so.....do the stage 1 swept pipes have cats?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
477 Posts
Gotcha, well I guess I'll be trying to mod mine by cutting down the baffle or just ordering a set from Lloydz. The pipes are already on my bike and they do look nice so if I can do something to improve them until I can do a better set of pipes then it's worth a try and will be fun getting my paws on the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes you could cut the baffle in half which would get rid of the cat, which would help, or get lloydz(rpw) baffles

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
427 Posts
I bought the ones from llyodz and welded on a reducer and added a washer like the big city thunder qq baffles. Paid about $60 and a few minutes welding and grinding smooth. They sound great.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts