Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I keep reading on here that the general opinion on the Victory Swept pipes is that they rob HP from you, while adding marginally better sound. Can anyone comment if this is with the swept pipes only, or if it also affects the X-bow pipes? Any opinions on the x-bow pipes?

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
782 Posts
IMO they both suck. You spend all that money, and it BARELY sounds better than the stock exhaust.

You can spend the same amount, or less, and get a FAR better sound, and in some cases you can even get a performance boost.

ALL 2-into-2 will drop performance, but it's not a big hit. All 2-into-1 will get you a small gain.

How loud do you want? RPW Slash are shorter than the Victory Swept/SlashNESS pipes, so they are louder. Rippers as well. Conquest Customs Octanes and Ground Pounders are the sickest sounding & loudest. My next Victory build will have Conquest Customs pipes, no doubt.

·
Registered
263 Posts
When it comes to pipes, it's going to be more about sound and looks than HP or torque. Pipes CAN have an effect over such things, but it's generally in conjunction with other factors like air intake and fuel mixture.

Personally, I chose the X-Bow exhaust primarily on looks and sound. I guess I'm past the loud pipes stage of my life. I want to hear the rumble, but I don't want to have to tolerate listening to a dragster for hours on end when I'm on the road for a 1500 mile trip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm in the second camp, where I don't necessarily want a sound that rattles your fillings. Not having heard the X-bow pipes in person, the looks are what got me interested in the first place. I do like the looks of the Slash pipes, but the noise is not what I'm looking for at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts