Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna pull the baffles outta my vic swept pipes. Just trying to decide between the thunder mountain or rpw baffles. For the guys that have made the switch please give me some of the pros and cons.

Thanks, btw its a 2011 vegas 8ball if that matters.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had the Arlen ness swept exhaust. I removed the baffles and went with thunder monster baffles and they sounded great. Deeper sound and got some torque back too. Swept pipes are mainly for looks and they lose power.
I had them on an 05 8ball

·
Registered
49 Posts
When i purchased my bike it was baffle free and they didnt plug the wholes so it popped on decel and after riding on the highway my ears rang, i like loud but no ringing but cant find the medium between the 2. I bought some big city baffles from a member here. At idle the bike is quieter but is loud cruizing and getting on it. Im happy with them and the decel popping is very minimal and quiete. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I agree, I have the Big City Thunder baffles as well.
Really love the sound.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi tlrmax, the ness swept may be better but it's the Vic Swepts that he has. I also have the Vic swepts and I asked Lloydz about replacing the baffle in mine. They said that the swepts do sound good but are restrictive and the rpw baffles are what the recommend to free them up a bit. The thunder monster baffles were 3 times the price too if I recall correctly. I will have mine installed in the next week I hope.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts