Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me the socket sizes I need to remove my swing arm? I plan to install a TC swing arm this weekend and need sockets to fit it.

I need the socket size for the pivot point or bolt that runs through the frame and the swing arm. Cornfedboy pointed out that I did not specify what i was doing. I just need the sizes for the bolt and the nut. Also does anyone know if they are the same size from a 99 V92C to a 2003 V92TC.

·
Registered
352 Posts
To be honest, if you're gonna wrench on a metric, you should do yourself a favor and buy a set of metric tools. Standard and deep sockets, wrenches, and a good set of Alans. I keep Alan sockets around too, 3/8 drive and 1/4 drive. You don't need to break the bank for high end tools either, I beat the crap out of my harbor freight tools and they do just fine. The only reason I'm saying this is because if you buy just a few tools for one job, undoubtedly you will end up running back to the store because you will run into a fastener you didn't think of.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 3 tool boxes full of tools. I have been wrenching on cars sense I was 13 years old. I have been customizing my 2002 Yamaha VStar 1100 sense 2008. I rebuild my friends HD shovel head from the ground up. I have plenty of tools, Lift, Welder, Air Compressor, and many other items. I don't know of a set that goes that Big. I have a 22 mm socket that is to small. I have an 1" socket that fits very lose. I just need the ones that fit. Did not want to have to play guess the size and buy more sockets that I really needed. I was hoping to find someone who just knew it to save me some time.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but just cause somone does not have the right tool does not mean that they don't have any tools.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Jesus, don't hold back man, tell me how you really feel! Next time specify which fasteners you're questioning instead of the whole job, then people might be able to help... the way you phrased it made it sound like you were gearing up for one specific job. If no one else chimes in I've always just used a inside mic or a caliper (depending on access) to get the right size, but other than that I got nothing for ya

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Re read my original post, I guess I should have specified the lower hing point or Pivot. I am sorry for being a little to forward.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No hugs!!! LOL!! All is good.

·
13,247 Posts
Can anyone tell me the socket sizes I need to remove my swing arm? I plan to install a TC swing arm this weekend and need sockets to fit it.

I need the socket size for the pivot point or bolt that runs through the frame and the swing arm. Cornfedboy pointed out that I did not specify what i was doing. I just need the sizes for the bolt and the nut. Also does anyone know if they are the same size from a 99 V92C to a 2003 V92TC.
You have a crescent wrench? Put around the bolt now measure between the jaws and you will know what size you need.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what i will probably do. I was just trying to find it quick and easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts