Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one mounted a tool bag on their swing arm? Left hand side opposite the belt and exhaust.

I have a 07 Vegas 8-ball and I am looking for a decent place to mount a small tool bag. I have seen them mounted in front of the starter and on the beauty strip on the back fender. Just looking for other options.

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I mounted mine on the left side swing arm looks great and no paint to damage! to me was the best place to put one.good luck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Of all places an "Atwoods" farm and ranch supply.
I'd seen plenty of larger bags that would have worked, but real stiff leather and leather straps, which I figured would have scuffed up the finish on the swing arm. This one's soft and with the velcro besides the zipper closure, things stay where you put 'em. Also have one mounted below the oil cooler up front, down low on the frame.
Yeah I miss the luggage of the Road King, but I sure save a lot of money on road trips and hitting the rally's. No place to store the $30 T-shirts :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks greg. That was what I was looking for. We do no do long rides yet. If and when we do I may get the quick disconnect saddle bags. But for now this will work great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, nope, just the wife's yamaha FZ6R. I love my Vegas 8-ball, but I got no storage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
85 Posts
Of all places an "Atwoods" farm and ranch supply.
I'd seen plenty of larger bags that would have worked, but real stiff leather and leather straps, which I figured would have scuffed up the finish on the swing arm. This one's soft and with the velcro besides the zipper closure, things stay where you put 'em. Also have one mounted below the oil cooler up front, down low on the frame.
Yeah I miss the luggage of the Road King, but I sure save a lot of money on road trips and hitting the rally's. No place to store the $30 T-shirts :)

Dam, there are no atwoods around here. I'm in New York.
It doesn't look like I can order online from them... :mad:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's an older pic of my bike with my swing arm bag

I just bought the cheapest, plainest fork bag and twisted the straps over the swing arm.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Found soft leather bag mfg.

Thanks greg. That was what I was looking for. We do no do long rides yet. If and when we do I may get the quick disconnect saddle bags. But for now this will work great.
Found the mfg to be Carroll Leather. Do a search for them with "soft leather" and you'll find a few places selling them. I've found three different sizes ranging from $25 to $40.
#727 is shown below, no buckles, has zipper and velcro closure. 14 x 4 $26
#716 has two buckles w/straps and velcro closure. 11 x 4 $26
#744 is the largest, buckles and velcro closure. 11.5 x 6.5 x 3.5 $40

I'm using the #727's

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts