Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone switched from having a Harley for a long time to a Victory? I have been riding Harley's for 23 years. I currently have a Road Glide and am thinking torwards a Cross Roads. Does anyone think it was not a good move or have you not looked back and why please. Both for the ride experience / quality of the bikes and service / manufacturer support. cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was a 20+ year Harley owner as well, sold my 06 Street Glide and thought I was done with riding. Test rode a Vision on a whim and bought one a few days later. I still love Harley Davidsons but Polaris/Victory does make a nice bike. From a power and comfort standpoint in bone stock form HD cannot compete with Victory. In fit, finish, and dealer support, Harley Davidson wins by a mile. Just my opinion. My opinion is you cannot go wrong with one of the new Cross bikes. Good Luck and Ride Safe.

To clarify the dealer comment, mostly for # of available dealerships in my area. I have 4 HD dealers within 20 miles, closest Vic dealer is 50 miles, and then 80+ miles.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ive owned several harleys, the last one a 1988 fxrs anniversary edition, owned 17 yrs. beatiful bike, parts plentiful, i just jot tired of working on it.

if had the vic engine and trans. i probably would never have traded it.

ive put 2000 miles on my new vegas and all i do is wipe it down have yet to wash it ! in stock form it will run circles around my old harley that had 2 into 1 vance & hines, cam, adjustable lifters, elderbrock carb, dyna 2000 single fire ignition.

would i go back ? H E L L N O

steve :ltr:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Owned seven different HD's over the years, and one of them even came pre assembled. Got my first Vic six years ago, and I am now on my third Vic with a total of 160,000 miles between them. I switch bikes because of boredom, not wear, and I ride the piss out of everything I own.
I still own an HD to this day. 1974 FLHP and it is the only thing I own that is stock original. Well I say own. I am still paying for it*LOL*

·
Registered
227 Posts
HD to Victory

One big difference is you take a HD in for service its going to cost you a minimum of $500. Take Vic in for the first oil change, $150. From that time on, fuel it and ride, the difference is you dont work on a vic, you just add chrome and make it your own:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts