Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a good quality switch that fits in the factory fairing location of the heated hand grip??

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Right from your dealer , as an accessory switch . My dealer quoted me around 24.00 I think ..... Was a while ago .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I know NAPA has many of the rectangular switches too , if you go that route , pull the blank out of your dash and bring it with you to match up .....thumb up

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might take that route. I want an illuminated one so I can tell when its on.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Hey lilmags do you have to pull the dash to get that blank out? I am putting a switch in there soon.
Jim

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
No , it will pop right out with a small screwdriver , I put a little piece of cardboard under the screwdriver to prevent marking up the dash piece .....

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want a factory switch, ask the dealer for the accessory light switch for a Victory Vision. It looks like it came with the bike. Good luck with taking the fairing apart. Those screws by the radio are not much fun to get to.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Attach two longer than needed wires to the switch, then tape a stiff wire to them. Push the wire through the hole, and pull it from the back, along with the wires and switch. Pop the switch into the hole and finish up from there.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
If you go to an auto-parts store, etc., you're looking for a switch with a body (not the flange on top) that's an rch short of 1/2" x 1". Here are two pics that I took a while back; the while thingy is the clasp that holds the blank in place, i.e., it is not part of the (fake) switch proper. (Me, I have an unlit switch -- the official Vic one -- for my Motolights, but that's because I had some credit from Vic to buy some stuff when I bought my XCT.)

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a good quality switch that fits in the factory fairing location of the heated hand grip??
I have 2 lighted blue switches on my XC, $4 a piece at Advanced auto, perfect fit. What I did do was add a few coats of midnight blue enamel nail polish on the paddles to darken the light a bit as they are a little bright.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Unbidden do u have a part number from Advance Auto ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts