Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting on parts I'm looking into other things to do while it's apart. Does anyone know of a vacant switched 12 power source either near the right side panel or rear fender. I have a Cross Country not the Tour, I'm not sure if the wiring harnesses are the same and the additional Tour connectors are in place just vacant on the Cross Country.

Tech23

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
While I'm waiting on parts I'm looking into other things to do while it's apart. Does anyone know of a vacant switched 12 power source either near the right side panel or rear fender. I have a Cross Country not the Tour, I'm not sure if the wiring harnesses are the same and the additional Tour connectors are in place just vacant on the Cross Country.

Tech23
Out back: I believe there may be... but I'm not sure.

If all else fails, in the fairing there are extra switched circuits, for optional fog lights, and -- at least on the XCT -- there seem to be three headlight circuits (for HID, and regular and hi beams if HID is not used). You could run one of those back under the tank. I use one of those circuits for my Motolights.

·
13,047 Posts
under the seat is the wires for the heated seat or inside the faring

·
Registered
118 Posts

Tech23
What did you end up doing here? I am trying to find out where the plug would be for the powerlet in the right saddlebag

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you end up doing here? I am trying to find out where the plug would be for the powerlet in the right saddlebag
I can't help you there sorry. I wasn't looking to power a powerlet. I was looking to power a pair of horns. I was considering mounting a pair of dual horns at the rear of rear fender. After test mounting horns back there I decided against that location, so I didn't put much effort into locating a power source at the bikes midsection. I ended up mounting the horns behind the fairing so I ran my power and ground right from the battery.

Tech23

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't help you there sorry. I wasn't looking to power a powerlet. I was looking to power a pair of horns. I was considering mounting a pair of dual horns at the rear of rear fender. After test mounting horns back there I decided against that location, so I didn't put much effort into locating a power source at the bikes midsection. I ended up mounting the horns behind the fairing so I ran my power and ground right from the battery.

Tech23
no prob. thanks for the response

·
Registered
848 Posts
There is a live power connection in the rear fender. You will have to do some probing to find it. It is a single wire connector w/o a protective cap.

i hooked my trailer isolator in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts