Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a J&M CB I would like to install on a 08 Vegas and was wondering where the best place to splice a power wire too. I would like it switched to the key so that when the key is off or out the CB has no power.

Do I have to get power from the headlight or can i find a some power under the seat. Looked in the manual and the power to the tail light is reduced due to the LED.

Thanks

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I have a J&M CB I would like to install on a 08 Vegas and was wondering where the best place to splice a power wire too. I would like it switched to the key so that when the key is off or out the CB has no power.

Do I have to get power from the headlight or can i find a some power under the seat. Looked in the manual and the power to the tail light is reduced due to the LED.

Thanks

Brad
In my 07 Jackpot, I opened up the headlight bucket and found a set of wires with a plug on the end. Don't remember the wire colors right now. But anyway, it was switched with the key already. I tapped into them with an inline fuse for my GPS when I mounted it. Worked out great for me. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts