Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and, mother effer!, it's not worth it. Taking the outer shell of the fairing off? No problem. Taking off the last four screws (two each side) behind the front forks to remove the inner fairing? Painful! Painful! Definitely not worth the time invested for minimal gain. I should've waited until later when I upgrade to 6.5" front speakers and made a day of it.

Thought I'd vent. Thanks for letting me rant!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about changing the inner fairing out for a color-matched one but had not thought about the effort required. If I do buy it, I'll let the selling dealer put it on for me.

One note: Mine came with the black bezels. I didn't even know it was different until I saw a friend's identical bike and noticed that his were chrome. I wonder why mine came with them already on when both bikes were the same model (2011 Ness XCs).

·
Registered
22 Posts
...and, mother effer!, it's not worth it. Taking the outer shell of the fairing off? No problem. Taking off the last four screws (two each side) behind the front forks to remove the inner fairing? Painful! Painful! Definitely not worth the time invested for minimal gain. I should've waited until later when I upgrade to 6.5" front speakers and made a day of it.

Thought I'd vent. Thanks for letting me rant!
You need a long ball end,allen wrench to get at those screws, I just took mine off to put a switch in the inner fairing for my heated grips. Not a lot of fun but well worth the effort.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks great!! Nice work!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts