Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new pipes coming ( as you've seen ), but I have a question. I see a steel bracket that holds my current stockers onto the Right front swingarm with a stud and nut. The left swingarm has a bolt only. How has folks dealt with that long stud sticking out when switching pipes ?

Later

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, would someone tell me where to slice off that tube on the frame that held the stock exhaust bracket . I already have a chrome plug for it....

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
The frame on my 06 Hammer stops vertically flush with the edge of the belt cover. I popped a chrome cap into it.

- edit - sorry you have to tilt your head like a parakeet with how that pic posted, but hopefully the reference helps

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I got the frame cut done and the cap in place. Ended up taking that frame rail off, much easier and saved the worry from nicking the lines. See what you think thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, while I was at it in that area I noticed a plastic guard on the Swingarm that covered part of the belt. Probably protected it from the stock exhaust. Anyway I suspect many of you removed that to clean up the Swingarm, so I removed it. Is it ok ??

Later

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Your getting there....man do I miss my Jackpot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
that piece covering the bottom of the belt sprocket looks to be a shield also. It looks like it would be really easy for a rock or piece of trash to get caught in there and tear your belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts