Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recently retired medical person that has spent way too much time standing. Three weeks ago, I left on a 3K+ ride from Arizona to Texas. After about 900 miles, I noticed some swelling in my ankles and it was becoming painful to stand or walk.

As luck would have it, I was stopped by a mall with a store in it called Boot Barn. I thought I would go in and see if I could find a comfortable pair of boots. I did indeed find some boots and was going to stop shopping at that point but the sales clerk noticed the socks I was wearing and mentioned that with the boots I had selected, the socks would eventually bunch up at my ankles and would become uncomfortable. She suggested that I try a pair of over the calf support socks. She brought me a pair of Dan Post socks. I was a bit skeptical. But, since she was really cute, I humored her and bought them.

I put them on and the difference was immediate. I went back in and bought 3 more pairs.

Now, I know that most of you do not have my old man legs and vascular problems, but I do know that some of you know what I mean by the swollen ankles and pain part. I also know that this really isn't a cross the board motorcycle problem. But it did fix what would have been more then a minor inconvenience as I rode into a even better ride as I finished up the ride with no more problems with my ankles.

Putting the link for them here;
http://www.danpostboots.com/cowboy-certified-socks.html

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
I am a recently retired medical person that has spent way too much time standing. Three weeks ago, I left on a 3K+ ride from Arizona to Texas. After about 900 miles, I noticed some swelling in my ankles and it was becoming painful to stand or walk.

As luck would have it, I was stopped by a mall with a store in it called Boot Barn. I thought I would go in and see if I could find a comfortable pair of boots. I did indeed find some boots and was going to stop shopping at that point but the sales clerk noticed the socks I was wearing and mentioned that with the boots I had selected, the socks would eventually bunch up at my ankles and would become uncomfortable. She suggested that I try a pair of over the calf support socks. She brought me a pair of Dan Post socks. I was a bit skeptical. But, since she was really cute, I humored her and bought them.

I put them on and the difference was immediate. I went back in and bought 3 more pairs.

Now, I know that most of you do not have my old man legs and vascular problems, but I do know that some of you know what I mean by the swollen ankles and pain part. I also know that this really isn't a cross the board motorcycle problem. But it did fix what would have been more then a minor inconvenience as I rode into a even better ride as I finished up the ride with no more problems with my ankles.

Putting the link for them here;
http://www.danpostboots.com/cowboy-certified-socks.html
I will add a good word for Boot Barn as well. They have great selection (from cowboy boots to bike friendly boots) and friendly staff. If nothing else, it's worth stopping by just to check out the merchandise. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
Amazing that a pair of socks could do so much good. I wonder if those knee high baseball "sox" would do as well or if these have a particular design that makes them so effective.

Looks like Boot Barn sells this brand too.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Check out SOKZ. They are high tech riding socks that are anatomically correct - there's a left and a right one to fit the contour of your toes. I have their summer and winter ones and my feet have never been so comfortable. Many sources sell them for well under $20. They have materials woven in that prevent sweating and odors, just the thing for those long trips.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
compressionsocks.com

Just so happens as I was reading this thread there happen to be an add on the left side as I wrote above, compressionsocks.com . It might be worth checking out,no I did not look at it yet. I am stripping the popcorn ceiling in the bedroom right now,had to take a break. :crzy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts