Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, I have had an issue with my bike that I had bought to Sydney dealers attention some time back with no response at all. I then followed it up with them and surprise surprise, they had lost all of the information Had provided them with months earlier.
I took the bike to the dealer for them to take photos of the issue and formally knowledge it. This was now about 2 or more months ago, still they haven't contacted me. I love my bike, but if I had known how poor their after sales service was I would have run a mile.

Can anyone please offer anything in the way of getting these guys to pull their finger out and address issues instead of hiding from them and ignoring them. If push comes to shove I will be forced to take this to ACCC, I just never thought buying a Victory would end this way..

·
12,970 Posts
go to dealer ask for GM and tell him about what's going on.
GM is the next best thing to the owner.
Sorry we can do nothing for you over here

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What is the problem? Perhaps others have experience with that and can help.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Thats what I was wondering too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paint on the fuel tank has cracked. It's a very fine crack. It looks as though it started at the seam where the end of the tank meets the seat it runs along the seam about 25mm and then takes a 90 deg turn and runs up on top of the tank another 25 or so mm.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Sorry to hear your misfortune ... Yes I would make an appointment with the owner of the shop ...

Just out of interest is it possible to see on a picture or not ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mate I get all my servicing done there and they have always treated me well, take some photos, email them, and then get on the phone and take the bike in after you have made a booking.

Why did you wait 2 months? Book it in right now to be fixed under warranty.

Also note they have a bit of staff turnover there it could be part of the problem. However it is a unique set up in that dealership is directly owned by Polaris and if you make a fuss they should fix it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mate I get all my servicing done there and they have always treated me well, take some photos, email them, and then get on the phone and take the bike in after you have made a booking.

Why did you wait 2 months? Book it in right now to be fixed under warranty.

Also note they have a bit of staff turnover there it could be part of the problem. However it is a unique set up in that dealership is directly owned by Polaris and if you make a fuss they should fix it.
Well if you're happy having your bike serviced there that's great, but I have had a few issues there, but I think their new mechanic is pretty switched on. He was the one that finally found an ongoing issue and it turned out to be a simple fix that no one else even thought to or cared to investigate. As for taking pics, that was done as soon as I found it was an actual split. Thanks for the advice though, I will keep on it. I will post a pic of the tank guys.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just insist that it is fixed as part of a manufacturing fault and escalate it to the dealer manager if they don't fix it. Keep on them.

·
12,970 Posts
Not knowing what year
or what model you have.

Get off your ass and go to dealer ask for owner or manager of store. Don't sit here go there and talk to them.

Get then to contact Victory there the ones that can replace your tank. You have to get the dealer to work for you with Victory

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Yeah chain yrself to the front counter and I'm certain youll get some action!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all, I called them today (because they never bothered to call back) and they now tell me that Polaris Victory have rejected the claim as the bike has had an impact on the side of the tank!! I told them that my bike has never been hit by anything, there's not a mark on it and if they are going to reject it they had better supply proof of where this impact is. I tried to upload some pics for you guys to see but the resolution is pretty high so the split can actually be seen and this site wont allow such big files.
Victory customer service told me that he will look into it again. I was clear that if they cannot come up with proof of the fictitious impact, I will be fighting this. You don't pay $25k for a bike and have to cop this ****!

BTW my bike is a 2014 Hammer LE

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Yeah I can see it, its definily a crack.
You dont normally get a crack without some underlying defect.
Get the padlock n chain out .

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can see it, but honestly mate, as the actress said to the bishop, that is very small. I have done worse damage to my own tank with the nozzle from a petrol bowser! Wish you luck but it is a very small defect, not worth the fight IMHO.

·
12,970 Posts
why do you call them.
Go there is person then it will be harder for them to blow you off. Get dealer to work for you be nice but firm. Ask for the shop owner

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can see it, but honestly mate, as the actress said to the bishop, that is very small. I have done worse damage to my own tank with the nozzle from a petrol bowser! Wish you luck but it is a very small defect, not worth the fight IMHO.
The difference here is that you caused your own damage and I didn't.
The other thing is I don't consider a crack in paint work 2 inches long a very small defect. It won't be long before moisture gets in and under the paint and I will be stuck with the cost of the repair.
If you buy a used bike, you buy it with some defects but the price is adjusted accordingly. I bought a new bike, I don't expect this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why do you call them.
Go there is person then it will be harder for them to blow you off. Get dealer to work for you be nice but firm. Ask for the shop owner
They have seen the bike in person and taken their own pics after they lost the originals that I sent them.
I am now waiting for the service dept. to put the claim back in front of Victory again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
They have seen the bike in person and taken their own pics after they lost the originals that I sent them.

I am now waiting for the service dept. to put the claim back in front of Victory again.

Rattus could not see your 2 inch scratch in the photo at all, but if so yeah not acceptable on a new machine. Problem is you rode away on it...

The Ashfield service department actually is Victory - because the whole of Ashfield is directly owned by Victory (Polaris). It is an unusual ownership structure as it not a dealership as such. Talk to Christian (?) I think the new sales rep there was formerly sales manager of Bike Biz Parramatta and he should sort out the problem. Also document your complaint by sending an email with your photos attached. Make sure you do that, and be polite but firm with your written request.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts