Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
The other thing is I don't consider a crack in paint work 2 inches long a very small defect. It won't be long before moisture gets in and under the paint and I will be stuck with the cost of the repair.
You need to talk to the right person and you need to visit them. They never have returned one of my calls either, so you're not alone.

I guess like most dealers, they don't usually jump through hoops to fix issues unless it's a government recall.

Arrange to meet the dealership manager, take the bike, take the photos and work with them on your solution. Which is, replace the fuel tank thanks very much. If not and there is absolutely no other reason for the crack other than faulty workmanship then the law is on your side from my understanding.

The brand is a fledgling in the AU market so Victory Australia doesn't need bad publicity and to dissuade customers from their products.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You need to talk to the right person and you need to visit them. They never have returned one of my calls either, so you're not alone.

I guess like most dealers, they don't usually jump through hoops to fix issues unless it's a government recall.

Arrange to meet the dealership manager, take the bike, take the photos and work with them on your solution. Which is, replace the fuel tank thanks very much. If not and there is absolutely no other reason for the crack other than faulty workmanship then the law is on your side from my understanding.

The brand is a fledgling in the AU market so Victory Australia doesn't need bad publicity and to dissuade customers from their products.
Thanks MC, I am now just waiting to hear back from customer service I think it's Chris. I told him I will not take this lying down and if victory are going to shun responsibility for this they should at least be able to back it up not just say 'that's been done by a hit to the side of the tank' Show me!! Like I said before, they have seen the bike and they all had a great opportunity to see the condition of the tank as they had it off the bike to replace the fuel pump. One would think they would have noticed if the tank had any damage caused by me.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Ahh so theyve had the tank off previous. We didnt know that.
They possibly caused the damage anyway, have you thought of that.
Cracks dont normally appear in new paint for no reason. Theres likely an underlying cause.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It may not mean much BUT , no way would I live with that crack . If Vic didn't take care of it for me I would have to get it fixed properly or get a new bike . I would not be able to look at it every time I was on my bike . If Vic didn't fix it and there was in fact NO PROOF of IMPACT , It would probably be the last dime I ever spent on the brand . Normal wear and tear I can live with , but this , no way .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It may not mean much BUT , no way would I live with that crack . If Vic didn't take care of it for me I would have to get it fixed properly or get a new bike . I would not be able to look at it every time I was on my bike . If Vic didn't fix it and there was in fact NO PROOF of IMPACT , It would probably be the last dime I ever spent on the brand . Normal wear and tear I can live with , but this , no way .
LILMAGS500 I totally agree, every time I ride I'm very concious of it and I'm really careful of where I go as not to get caught in rain. Which is why I really hope they fix or replace it. Much as I love my bike I will get rid of it and not look back. I cannot support a product that don't support their own.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ahh so theyve had the tank off previous. We didnt know that.
They possibly caused the damage anyway, have you thought of that.
Cracks dont normally appear in new paint for no reason. Theres likely an underlying cause.
Nah man, they didn't do it there cos I was there to have the fuel pump replaced and I mentioned the crack to them. What I did see as slightly odd is they never once brought me to the bike and discussed the paint with me at all. When I had a business, if a customer had any complaints the best way to deal with it was to go through the issue together while it is right in front of you both. This way there is no misunderstanding and you both get to speak your mind.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
LILMAGS500 I totally agree, every time I ride I'm very concious of it and I'm really careful of where I go as not to get caught in rain. Which is why I really hope they fix or replace it. Much as I love my bike I will get rid of it and not look back. I cannot support a product that don't support their own.
Any joy on this front?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nah bro, they've decided not to cover it. I guess I am left with getting quotes to have the whole tank resprayed. Problem with that is the colour will NEVER be the same as original no matter how close they get it. So even though its a limited edition (HA!!) I may now change the entire colour of the bike.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Nah bro, they've decided not to cover it. I guess I am left with getting quotes to have the whole tank resprayed. Problem with that is the colour will NEVER be the same as original no matter how close they get it. So even though its a limited edition (HA!!) I may now change the entire colour of the bike.
It'll be interesting to see what's at the base of the crack, causing it.
A good painter can get it that close you'd never know
They're gonna paint the whole tank anyway, custom flames may be in order:devil

Edit... Or racing stripes a la Hammer S
Give Jay at NPS Burleigh a call if you don't mind a ride up here, tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It'll be interesting to see what's at the base of the crack, causing it.
A good painter can get it that close you'd never know
They're gonna paint the whole tank anyway, custom flames may be in order:devil

Edit... Or racing stripes a la Hammer S
Give Jay at NPS Burleigh a call if you don't mind a ride up here, tell him I sent you.
Haha, cheers but first I have some other upgrades I need to do before I get the bike painted. I may just finish covering it in vinyl wrap (half the bike is done) and wait till performance mods are done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
G'day all, I have had an issue with my bike that I had bought to Sydney dealers attention some time back with no response at all. I then followed it up with them and surprise surprise, they had lost all of the information Had provided them with months earlier.
I took the bike to the dealer for them to take photos of the issue and formally knowledge it. This was now about 2 or more months ago, still they haven't contacted me. I love my bike, but if I had known how poor their after sales service was I would have run a mile.

Can anyone please offer anything in the way of getting these guys to pull their finger out and address issues instead of hiding from them and ignoring them. If push comes to shove I will be forced to take this to ACCC, I just never thought buying a Victory would end this way..
They are real bright at the Sydney dealership, A mate takes his Victory Vegas 8 Ball in there for some work and a service, he had to leave the bike at the dealership for a few days so they could complete the work. The dealership gave him a loan bike to use while they had is bike in the service centre. Now that was all well and good they did that, the only problem was the loan bike they gave him was unregistered and uninsured for compulsory 3rd party insurance and had been for about a month before they gave him the bike. He had been riding the bike between Sydney and the South Coast for 3 days before all this was discovered. It was total incompetence on the part of the dealer.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts