Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't post anywhere else, so here it is.
We did an early morning ride, it was cold and foggy. The bike has windshield but iso grips (with metal/chrome part) got really cold and very uncomfortable on hands. Saw comment on Symatec here so I got symatec grip heaters, pretty reasonable for less than $50.
Wodnering, if someone has experiece in mounting those with ISO grips. Specificallly,
1. how do the grips come off w/o damaging them and
2. Does anyone have wiring diagram for a 2000 V92C.
3. Thinking of mounting the togge switch on a mirror shaft, anyone has any other ideas or suggetsions on mounts?
4. Looks like the tank has to come off for wiring. Would like to use some harness connector so the heters would be off when the ignition is off.
Thanks for your help.

·
13,263 Posts
Never heard of these heated grips and for 50 bucks I wonder how good there are

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of these heated grips and for 50 bucks I wonder how good there are
These were listed on Riders discount forum. They allow you to retain the current grips and install heating elements under the current grips.
Have seen lot of good reviews on them elsewhere.

·
13,263 Posts
Wheres there web site? Check out heat daemons 50 bucks just doesn't sound like they will last long or heat up that good.
http://www.heatdemons.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the same heatdemon site they are listed under 'other' grip heater. Just because they are less than $50, is not enough reason for me to write them off, especially since they have fairly positive comments from most users on quite a few different forums.... For that price it is definitley worth a shot.

Kylryn, Will let you know, they should be arriving next week. Meanwhile I am looking to see how to get the ISO grips off w/o doing something silly and where to tap the power.

·
13,263 Posts
So you know they don't work there best on ISO grips. When I had a bike with the grips I found out there is to much air in the grip pockets.So they got mild warm. Went to a full rubber grip and I war light weight gloves cause the grips turned so toasty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you know they don't work there best on ISO grips. When I had a bike with the grips I found out there is to much air in the grip pockets.So they got mild warm. Went to a full rubber grip and I war light weight gloves cause the grips turned so toasty
Got it, that makes sense. I had seen lot of good reviews on FJR and VSTROM forums, which all have rubber grips.
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts