Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats nice Bob. I am new to this, what are those colored buttons under your gauges that on my bike, I do not have ?

later

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Those are indicator or dummy lights to let you know when your signals are flashing, high beam, neutral, etc.

All that stuff is now on your speedo display. You can also add an ambient temp sensor to it if it doesn't have it yet.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Is there a pig tail off the main harness a ambient temp sensor (thermosistor) ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can also add an ambient temp sensor to it if it doesn't have it yet.

I would like to do that - anyone have a how to on this ? Where do I get the sensor ?

Later

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Is there a pig tail off the main harness a ambient temp sensor (thermosistor) ?
No pig tails. There is a plug inside the headlight where you plug in the sensor.
I would like to do that - anyone have a how to on this ? Where do I get the sensor ?
You can find them on ebay - they're the same used in all Polaris vehicles, and it's Polaris part number: 2875949.

You also need to unlock your speedometer ($50 at your local dealer), or the added sensor will not work.

Take a look at this thread, which has some good info on the ambient temperature sensor, including home-made solutions if you're not willing to fork the $30 for a sensor: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=13442

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
You can also add an ambient temp sensor to it if it doesn't have it yet.

Later
Your dealer should have that stuff. I don't know if instructions come with it but if you have not invested in a service manual; you might want to think about it.

I have some links to service manuals HERE but nothing for the new ones.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do they pull the seat off, disconnect the ECU connector and plug directly into the ECU and reflash ? Is that how it's done ?

Later

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Do they pull the seat off, disconnect the ECU connector and plug directly into the ECU and reflash ? Is that how it's done ?
It's done through their proprietary software, via a Victory Digital Wrench - don't even think about messing with it, or you will corrupt your ECU like all those before you who have gone there.

I know it's not easy as I hated paying for the unlock - I felt cheated that I had to go back and pay some more to get what I thought I should have gotten from the beginning.

Just get over the $50, pay it, and on top of the ambient temperature, you will get these additional features:
- second trip meter;
- tachometer in the LCD;
- average fuel economy;
- instantaneous fuel economy;
- Fuel range;
- trip time;
- volt meter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's done through their proprietary software, via a Victory Digital Wrench

But somewhere on the bike they have to hook their Laptop into - where is that ?

later

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
But somewhere on the bike they have to hook their Laptop into - where is that ?
Why are you asking? You want to mess it up? It's what looks like an ODBII connector, under the right side panel. DO NOT MESS WITH IT, do not attach a scan tool to it, do not touch it with anything, or you will be in the market for a new ECU.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Tach and clock

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why are you asking? You want to mess it up? It's what looks like an ODBII connector, under the right side panel. DO NOT MESS WITH IT, do not attach a scan tool to it, do not touch it with anything, or you will be in the market for a new ECU.

Chill man! I ain't gonna mess with it, I want to know every inch of this machine, all of it. So I ask questions. Dealer will do it, hell I just got it.

later

1 - 19 of 19 Posts