Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Excellent!...how long before we see a rifle mount also on a Gunner in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.
Sporting a Lee Enfield .303 or similar weapon.
A gun on a Gunner is a natural.
Someone already beat you to the idea, lol.

I was at A-Team (formerly Arlen Ness) cycles in Vegas, and one of their projects in the custom shop* was outfitting a Gunner, complete with rifle holster. :D

* - If ever in Vegas, stop by and say hi. They've always been happy to give me a tour of their shop to see the various works in progress.

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Someone already beat you to the idea, lol.

I was at A-Team (formerly Arlen Ness) cycles in Vegas, and one of their projects in the custom shop* was outfitting a Gunner, complete with rifle holster. :D

* - If ever in Vegas, stop by and say hi. They've always been happy to give me a tour of their shop to see the various works in progress.
Get any pix?......could be a long time till I'm ever in Los Vegas,

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice bags man! Looks like a ton of storage! I was looking for a little less, but the ease of adding on when needed. I love when people repurpose stuff and make the bike their own.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here's my fast pass. Works flawlessly and disappears on the bike. I rolled it up in a handkerchief, side black zip ties on each side of it to keep it tight, then wrapped it around the bars and tied it. I've had it this way for about 4 years on the other bikes with no issues whatsoever.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Here's my fast pass. Works flawlessly and disappears on the bike. I rolled it up in a handkerchief, side black zip ties on each side of it to keep it tight, then wrapped it around the bars and tied it. I've had it this way for about 4 years on the other bikes with no issues whatsoever.
Fast pass?...whats that?... Nitrous?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ha! It's a little electronic transmitter that allows you to go through toll booths without stopping to pick up a ticket or to pay. It does it all for you.

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Ha! It's a little electronic transmitter that allows you to go through toll booths without stopping to pick up a ticket or to pay. It does it all for you.
on my bike my number plate (licence plate) does it, links to credit card, got a beeper in my cars though.
still gotta pay though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Update on the bags

The bags have held up well. There is a little fading on the exposed velcro causing it to purple ever so slightly- I only see it when I wear my amber lensed glasses. Otherwise, they have been empty, full, have had things bungied to the molle straps, and all in all, I could not be happier.

It's been a year and these bags have been up to 85 mph with no issues. They look like they did the first day and have not moved on their brackets at all.

The ONLY issue I have is the exposed bolts on the inside of the bags- I had a spare pair of riding glasses in there and it scratched the crap out of the lenses. Now I have a bag I put them in and no more issues.

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Yeah gotta watch the exposed bolts inside mine too.
Only yesterday I returned an overnight DVD rental and noticed the case was punctured on the corner. No damage to the disc though.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
The bags have held up well. There is a little fading on the exposed velcro causing it to purple ever so slightly- I only see it when I wear my amber lensed glasses. Otherwise, they have been empty, full, have had things bungied to the molle straps, and all in all, I could not be happier.

It's been a year and these bags have been up to 85 mph with no issues. They look like they did the first day and have not moved on their brackets at all.

The ONLY issue I have is the exposed bolts on the inside of the bags- I had a spare pair of riding glasses in there and it scratched the crap out of the lenses. Now I have a bag I put them in and no more issues.
Consider spraying the botls with Plastidip.

·
Premium Member
6,877 Posts
Cool thread, subscribed

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Code:
Consider spraying the botls with Plastidip.
That may be tough to do without getting it all over the insides of the bags.
Actually, I'm going to get a piece of rubber tubing that I can fit on them like a rubber "cover" this weekend. Should be super cheap and do the job. I figure a 1' piece of rubber tube that I can cut into 8 pieces and screw them onto the bolt ends should only be about $2.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The wood is now covered in green felt to protect items in the bags. In the future I may re-cover the wood with orange felt to make it easier to see the items inside. The green is ok- better than black- and I had it laying around so it was free at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This made me laugh... one day last week I was looking at maybe getting some bigger bags to make new saddlebags and so I typed in "tactical saddlebags" on Google. Lo and behold, a pic of an HD Street Bob came up. The guy took my idea and ran with it- and they look damn good on the bike- but he wrote up an entire thing on the HD forum as if he simply came up with the idea.

Now, I know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I decided on page 3 to chime in with the victoryforums.com link to my write up and how it was done two years prior.

It was almost identical to mine- and he took all the kudos.
Just made me chuckle.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna...tactical-saddle-bags-and-easy-brackets-3.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there!
Enough Space To Storage: 32 (L) *14 (W) *26.5(H) Cm, Provides Large Enough Space To Store Some Regular Stuffs Like Jeckets, Water Bottle, Powerbanks, Sunglasses, Wallet, Smartphone And Food.
Wide Suitability: This Motorcycle Saddle Bag Fits For Many tactical
Backpack for commuters Including But Not Limited To Sportster, Softail, Dyna, Road King, V-Star, Shadow, Vulcan.
Quick Access: Two Easy Ways To Open Your Saddlebag Are Pin Buckle & And The Quick-Release Buckle, The Quick-Release Buckle Provides Easire Approach To Access Your Stuffs And Close Your tactical Saddle Bag.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts