Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be riding the dragon on Friday August the 2nd. Looking for any other Victory riders. Come one come all. We will be staying at the dragon pit and BBQ 1st and 2nd. Just look for the fat old guy riding the cool highball.Hope to see y'all there, looking for some dry skies, northwest florida has been getting hammered almost daily with rain these past few weeks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is a Yamaha Stryker & Raider rally going on that weekend in Maggy Valley so you'll be seeing a bunch of those over that way, I just sold mine so I'm not going, I did however just read a post about a bunch of stretches of pavement closed do to rock slides in recent months, might we worth checking it out so as not to get caught up in that

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just came thru there today. (Love my job ;) )Short part of dragon on TN side is one lane due to slide. Everything else seems to be good. Go to tailofthedragon.com for road updates. They have a link there. Have fun, be safe and watch for stupids lol.

2000 V92SC in Middle, TN

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2nd Trip

Roger on watching out for the crazies. It was mid November last time I went and even though it was 50 degrees it was still crowded.I am thinking this will be peak riding weather so I am planning for even more traffic. The first trip I kept the speed under 50, mainly because I didn't want a ticket. This time my 21 year old nephew will be with us on a rental bike so once again I plan to be responsible. We plan on doing some of the other major roads as well. I would move there if I could talk the wife into it, but shw hates the cold.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I was there about 2-3 months ago. I must have hit it just at right time of day. Traffic wasn't that bad for us. There are a lot of great roads around there to be explored.

2000 V92SC in Middle, TN

·
Registered
870 Posts
The skyway and the devil triangle are good rides

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Skyway

The skyway takes you to the 100 ft waterfall if I'm not mistaken. We went there just to see it and ended up staying there a couple of hours. Beautiful country side, friendly folks. I forget the road number but one of the roads close to Deals Gap off of 129 is supposed to be awesome riding as well. Too bad it is so far from NW Florida, but hey those folks don't get to ride along the beach every weekend either

·
Registered
545 Posts
Moonshiner's 28 is off of 129. It's a great ride. Skyway takes you to 5733 feet but I don't remember waterfall.

2000 V92SC in Middle, TN

·
Registered
870 Posts
There is a waterfall bout 7 miles of the skyway it is bout at the beginning on the other side of tellico plains tn the name is bald river falls

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You Are Correct

I went there my first visit, the wife and I stayed 3 hours just looking around, we asked a lady who was all decked out in fly fishing gear about any places close by to eat or if we would have to go all the way back to Robbinsville, she named several but kept telling me everything was closed on Sundays. I said but ma'am it is Saturday, She said she had been there fishing since Wednesday and had lost all track of time. In todays fast paced world it is nice to find places like this where time has almost stood still. I was have expecting to see sheriff Taylor and Barney Fife.thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts