Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got another flat, this getting old and expensive, I need to take off the rear tire, first sep loosen the nut on left side THEN what? if you jack it up with this loose the axle? Whats the correct way to take the tire off... David [email protected]

·
Registered
173 Posts
what kind of bike?

·
Registered
173 Posts
just noticed you have a vegas.
loosen the nut, jack the bike up. loosen the belt. probaly gonna have to take the belt guard off. once you get the belt off slide the shaft out. take notice of the spacers, one is smaller than the other, also the spacer on the belt side has a larger hole on the outer side so when ya put the tire back on remember which side goes out. i've taken to tying the brake caliber up with a plastic tie. a manual is a big help here. i hope i rememebered everything. also when putting the tire back on, an extra set of hands will help greatly. good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
axle

which side does the axle come out? seems like it would come out the muffler side BUT hope not. Thanks david

·
Registered
173 Posts
which side does the axle come out? seems like it would come out the muffler side BUT hope not. Thanks david
yeah it does come out the exhaust side. i have swept pipes so i forgot about removing the exhaust. if you have stock pipes you can just remove the mufflers. pretty sure just removing one will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts