Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 08 vision with top filter and k&n front filter. S1L1 exhaust with 02's un-hooked and no stage or flash done to bike.
Reason is at +4 set by Lloydz I'm getting 51mpg. I did a 169 mile ride hitting it hard when leaving stop sign and cruising around 65mph all the time. When I put gas in right to the top it only would take 3.3 gallons.
So thats way to good. I put the wheel on zero and went back to stock front filter and tuck out top filter still to good of gas mileage.
I don't think any thing over 45 miles to a gallon is doing and good other then burning the vales.
I checked for air leak around manifold nothing.
Bike was smooth and fast and Never heard any pinging or knocking.
I sent Lloydz a email and never heard word one from them.

·
Registered
679 Posts
have a 08 vision with top filter and k&n front filter. S1L1 exhaust with 02's un-hooked and no stage or flash done to bike.
Reason is at +4 set by Lloydz I'm getting 51mpg. I did a 169 mile ride hitting it hard when leaving stop sign and cruising around 65mph all the time. When I put gas in right to the top it only would take 3.3 gallons.
So thats way to good. I put the wheel on zero and went back to stock front filter and tuck out top filter still to good of gas mileage.
I don't think any thing over 45 miles to a gallon is doing and good other then burning the vales.

Just to recap your reasoning:
51 MPG. Runs fine. No pinging. But you are going back to stock because it is all too GOOD. :confused::confused: :ltr:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Wow.

(This sentence provided for 10 character minimum.)

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Hey Johnny, on one of the UTube videos about the police cross country bikes (same engine), Mike Schultz is braging that these engines can get over 50 mpg. Best I have done is 46....but I have a right wrist problem.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Are you SERIOUS?

I can't say I agree with your logic (if you can call it that).

That said, if someone could prove that getting better gas mileage can cause damage to an engine, I'd then be a believer.

It would seem to me though that whatever changes made to an engine that produce better mileage simply mean that the air/fuel ratio and timing is providing a much cleaner and more complete burn.

Things of that nature that would cause damage are either insufficient air or fuel or bad timing IMO.

That's my logic ... guess I could be wrong ... I was once before (when I married my 2nd wife LOL)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
WTF really!! your bike is running to efficiently now so your going to fix it? hmm wish i was getting 51mpg.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
VJ,
How much do you want for it? I'm willing to take a risk on a used timing wheel with a mpg increasing defect.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Pay for parts, put them on, refuse to tune it..... take them off.... WTF? Here's a novel idea... why not quit the cheap bastards club and get a tuner so you can tune the bike to take advantage of what you have? Naaaa... you wouldn't want the performance, cool running, and longevity that would bring. Never mind.

·
Registered
640 Posts
bout time the dirty little secrets came out about this thing! Im going to get it just so I can return it ! then we can file a class action law suit against Lloyds for desacrating our bikes!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Crap, now I got to jump on this band wagon and pull mine out ... which means I'll prolly now have to use the new gasket which means I'm gonna be out the 20 bucks for it all for nothing ... oh wait ... not nothing ... I will be getting poorer gas mileage!! yiippppeeeeeeeeee!!

Just think guys, all it will cost to get poorer gas mileage is $20 for a gasket.... :ltr:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have an idea. Good fuel mileage is ruining your engine, even though the aftermarket parts are making it run much better....I think that is a summary of what you posted.

So here is my deal, leave the parts in (becasue they make your bike run so much better and smoother)...........AND THEN twist the throttle and ride it like you stole it.......Turn that right wrist till it hurts man......drop that stupid fuel mileage back down to acceptable, safe engine operating levels.....and then feel better cause you will have a longer living engine......Just a thought.....:)

·
13,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The wheel real works great don't get me wrong. I was at 70mph in a blink of a eye and when speed shifting into second I could break the car tire loose and get a chirp when going into third. One time even pulled the front wheel off the ground.
If you get up to speed faster and it uses less gas then yes your bike is more efficient.
In 2010 Vic changes the ECM I don't know what they did.
The more you advance your timing the leaner your motor gets. The leaner it gets creates more heat in the motor and that means burning valves.
If I sell it it would be $140 plus cod shipping.
Yes Half Crazy I could buy a tuner and have it tuned but I don't have the money for one.

If its working in your bike leave it in.
I wish I could its a great product but all motors are not the same

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
And again, the wheel advances the injectors!! It is not leaning out much if at all with the timing. There is no reason that a bike cant get that for fuel mileage! Once again, when mine was on the dyno it did NOT lean out with timing advance!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow this place is crazy. Guess I wont ask any questions or make statement cuz I will get attached lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Crap, now I got to jump on this band wagon and pull mine out ... which means I'll prolly now have to use the new gasket which means I'm gonna be out the 20 bucks for it all for nothing ... oh wait ... not nothing ... I will be getting poorer gas mileage!! yiippppeeeeeeeeee!!

Just think guys, all it will cost to get poorer gas mileage is $20 for a gasket.... :ltr:
Screw that, I'm leaving it in. I'm done jumping on bandwagons lol :ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
VJ, why did you have to post that? I just ordered a wheel and gasket 2 days ago and now I have buyers remorse and have yet to see the product. I suppose I will install it anyway and see what happens. I have no other engine mods so maybe my mileage won't increase quite that much.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts