Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at Indians this weekend, and might look at Victorys while I'm there. After owning a Street Glide and battling head buffeting for 2 years, I'm a little leery of getting another bike with a fairing. How is the buffeting for tall guys on Victory baggers (not the Vision, I'm not interested in it)? I'm 6'4" and long in the torso.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is an active thread titled "windshield needed for 6-2 driver". Much of the info is relevant for you I would think. Wind buffeting is definitely an issue with the stock windshield but there are a number of after market windshields that should meet your needs. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I'm 6'6" on a 2012 XR. I assume the WS is stock as it's what came on the bike.

What is buffeting?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I am 6'2" and a fatass besides. I have about 90% less buffeting than I did on my Goldwing; it's a much more pleasurable ride. I believe the XCT comes with a taller shield than the non-tours, so that could be why.
What is buffeting?
It's when the wind pushes your head around, kinda like being in the middle of a pillowfight...

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I am 6'2" and a fatass besides. I have about 90% less buffeting than I did on my Goldwing; it's a much more pleasurable ride. I believe the XCT comes with a taller shield than the non-tours, so that could be why.

It's when the wind pushes your head around, kinda like being in the middle of a pillowfight...
;)thumb up I know. I looked for a sarcasm smiley, thingy-ma-bob, but we don't have one.

My point was, even at 6'6", I don't get buffeting.:)

·
Registered
784 Posts

I resemble that remark. 6'1", long torso. XCT with a Klockworks Flair. Very nice and much less trouble than correcting it on a Wing. Stock seemed fine, but the top of the shield was right in my line of sight, had to go. The KW also gets the pillion stamp of approval. Madstad make an adjustable shield that may provide some more weather protection, They only offered brackets when I got mine, and I got the KW with the gift certificate for buying, so it didn't cost me anything so to speak.

Ride it and figure out for yourself.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I'm going to look at Indians this weekend, and might look at Victorys while I'm there. After owning a Street Glide and battling head buffeting for 2 years, I'm a little leery of getting another bike with a fairing. How is the buffeting for tall guys on Victory baggers (not the Vision, I'm not interested in it)? I'm 6'4" and long in the torso.
I am 6.2 and have a 2012 Cross country tour which comes with a high windshield. NO!!!!!!!! Buffeting.Period. However in the summer when you need a little air I have discarded the (blade) style shield from Victory which after 2 hours gives you double vision and a headache. I have ( for summer riding)a Klockworks 12 inch beveled shield which is perfect but as soon as you bend L exon, there is distortion , so I had my paint shop spray the inside black. Perfect combination IMHO.
No buffeting riding either two up or solo. Good luck
bcflyguy

·
Registered
690 Posts
I tested a 13 XC and wore a half helmet the whole time. Had the bike on the highway for about ten minutes and I thought it was very smooth. I'm 6'3".

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm going to look at Indians this weekend, and might look at Victorys while I'm there. After owning a Street Glide and battling head buffeting for 2 years, I'm a little leery of getting another bike with a fairing. How is the buffeting for tall guys on Victory baggers (not the iVision, I'm not interested in it)? I'm 6'4" and long in the torso.
Im your size. My stock XC had horrible buffeting at speeds above 70. Its easily fixed with fork mounted deflectors, close-outs, a Madstad bracket or other windshield. Will cost you a couple hundred bucks but not an issue with the Cross Country. I have zero buffeting up through 105mph...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm 6'3" and never experienced anything abnormal on my 2010 CC and my 2012 CCT is about as good as it gets.

Reality is if you're not happy there's ways to fix it for you. Also HD has addressed the buffeting by adding in the little vent in the fairing on the 14's which has the same effect as the vent hole on the CC bikes. The Vision has the same opening when the shield is all the way up.

In any case good luck with your purchase decision. The Indians are great, lacking a little room(closer to HD in this regard) but the motor's are beasts stock. Ride more than one since each one is a little different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts