Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
What part of being large is affecting you and your synergy with your XC , if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
While I am (only) 6'3" I believe you will have plenty of room, the only issue being finding the right height windscreen.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Outside of something custom made....there's not another motorcycle available with the room of a Cross Country. The XC is probably the best choice for Sasquatch and extra tall riders.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm 6' 5" and one of the big reasons that I love my XC is because it basically has the most room of any motorcycle that you can buy today. I've still never ridden a motorcycle better setup for tall riders than the XC.

You may want to add a larger windshield and highway pegs, but the factory setup with the room around the handlebars and the massive floorboards make everything else seem tiny in comparison.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6' 5" and one of the big reasons that I love my XC is because it basically has the most room of any motorcycle that you can buy today. I've still never ridden a motorcycle better setup for tall riders than the XC.

You may want to add a larger windshield and highway pegs, but the factory setup with the room around the handlebars and the massive floorboards make everything else seem tiny in comparison.
That's good to hear! I have everybody & their cousin trying to talk me out of buying it.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I've got to ask why?
Because his buddies want him to buy an HD more then likely , and they will be tremendously jealous when they realize his Vic is a superior machine .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I haven't purchased it yet. I'm just looking for a little feedback from others.
If you are a large biped , which it sounds like you may be the Vic , like PaiN has mentioned is one of the biggest , roomiest , best handling bikes on the planet .:ride:

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
My last bike was a Road Glide. It's not hard to figure out why now :)
Have you gotten your butt on a Victory XC for a ride yet? It is the only way to know what bike is a better fit.
As for your people....opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one, they are all different and HD rider bellybuttons are just bigger because they spend more time sitting around drinking beer because their bikes are uncomfortable......So listen to us :devil

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you gotten your butt on a Victory XC for a ride yet? It is the only way to know what bike is a better fit.
As for your people....opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one, they are all different and HD rider bellybuttons are just bigger because they spend more time sitting around drinking beer because their bikes are uncomfortable......So listen to us :devil
LOL! That's a good one! I haven't yet. I was convinced my next bike was going to be a Road King. My mind says you can have both. My paycheck is saying something totally opposite.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you test ride one, keep in mind there is some adjustability with the foot controls built into the bike.

I am a short guy and was able to move the foot brake and shifter closer to me. I was surprised how much that helped me.

Most my riding buddies are also HD guys. I like being the different one in the group. My XC pulls away from them quite easily. The only thing they have on me is the availability of aftermarket accessories. I didn't buy my bike to fit in though. I test rode the HDs and didn't like them. I felt cramped up on them. The Indians and Victorys sucked me in after riding them. The slogan "Ride one and you'll own one" is exactly what happened to me.

I'm lucky that I have a great Victory Dealership near me in Omaha NE. I originally looked at one in Mankato MN and they were very rude. They also didn't know much about their product. My current dealer is great to deal with. They have put all my accessories on and have dynoed it a couple times for me. I have had no bugs or problems yet with my bike.

Good luck with your purchase and stay open minded. Go ride one!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The room and size of the Cross bikes is one of the big reasons I bought one. There are no other motorcycles out there that have as much room, I tried them all. I am just under 6'2" but have really long legs and my XR fit me much better than the road kings I was test driving. I felt like I was on a mini bike riding a Road King because my knees were at the top of the tank.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Are there any 6' 6" & over XC riders out there? If so, any regrets on buying a XC?
6'5" here and my XCT is VERY comfy. Lots of ways to adjust to suit you too. Best fit out if the box than any bike I have ever owned.

Good luck with whatever you choose:smile

·
Registered
156 Posts
My best friend is 6'4" and he fits fine on his XC. In my opinion if someone is as tall as the original poster the Vic is going to be the bike to have.

I'm 6' tall and have ridden another buddies HD Electra glide and I felt more cramped on that than my XC, I think most people are going to come to that conclusion too.

Now, if your back seater is over 6', I don't know what to tell you?
(Except don't piss them off) Lol!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I second everything good said about the Cross bikes. I am 6' tall but have a 32" inseam (I think as far as leg room/foot controls go I believe that's a more important number) and found adding the right highway pegs and a driver backrest for when the wife is not along, were all I needed to make it perfectly comfortable for long rides. Stock windshield is excellent for air management for our heads and I not really bothered much looking through it (unless it's 36 degree's out and I have frost on it, then THAT sucks).

Your people either KNOW about the Vics and don't want YOU to get one because they would be jealous, or they are just Hard Core Hard Headed HD riders, and everyone knows about those guys:grin

"If you ride one, you will buy one", ask me how I know :wink

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I love my XC I'm 6' 9" and have a lot of room, all I did was get a taller windshield and I have no problems at all. I have had 3 Roadkings and no when I sit on my old Roadking that I sold my brother-in-law I feel like I'm sitting on a Z-50. The best investment I could have made when it came to a new cruiser.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 6'7" 250 and I have plenty of room compared to HD and other brands. I make the HD look like a dirt bike. The cee bailey windshield is better than stock and I have not needed a taller one for wind protection. Cee bailey's puts the wind onto the top of my head, I can ride with a hat on without issue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts