Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm over 6' and my bike came with a shorter tinted windshield. I looked at stock ones and they don't seem to be tall enough either. I don't want something that sticks out and is huge, but it would be nice to keep the wind off the head.

Recommendations?

'13 CC

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
So I'm over 6' and my bike came with a shorter tinted windshield. I looked at stock ones and they don't seem to be tall enough either. I don't want something that sticks out and is huge, but it would be nice to keep the wind off the head.

Recommendations?

'13 CC
I'm 5'10" and have an 11 inch Long Ride Shields Rambler windscreen. I sat on my bike and held a ruler straight out from my upper lip, my wife then measured from the bottom of the screen to the ruler (at the same angle as the factory screen) and it came out to 10 and 3/4. I went with 11 inch but should have bought a 10". I tend to slouch, so I end up looking just over the screen. I wish I had a visual of some sort to make measuring more easy to understand, but it's all I got. :|

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Vi have a tour windshield with brackets. 75 shipped. Has a small nick. Barely noticeable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 5'10" and have an 11 inch Long Ride Shields Rambler windscreen. I sat on my bike and held a ruler straight out from my upper lip, my wife then measured from the bottom of the screen to the ruler (at the same angle as the factory screen) and it came out to 10 and 3/4. I went with 11 inch but should have bought a 10". I tend to slouch, so I end up looking just over the screen. I wish I had a visual of some sort to make measuring more easy to understand, but it's all I got. :|
Seems accurate enough!

·
Premium Member
788 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had purchased a Long Ride Shield and was very unhappy with it, I bought a 7jurock.com windshield and I love it...very easy to clean, simple install, delivery was a bit delayed but very happy with the product and reasonable price.

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
433 Posts
Gustafson has a video showing how to sand down any windshield. Its easy to tape it and trim it down where you want it. if you pay them they will do it.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I'm 5'10" and have an 11 inch Long Ride Shields Rambler windscreen. I sat on my bike and held a ruler straight out from my upper lip, my wife then measured from the bottom of the screen to the ruler (at the same angle as the factory screen) and it came out to 10 and 3/4. I went with 11 inch but should have bought a 10". I tend to slouch, so I end up looking just over the screen. I wish I had a visual of some sort to make measuring more easy to understand, but it's all I got.
It's been noted a bunch (though not for sometime) to take a level, put it at the tip of your nose, and see where it touches, or doesn't on the windscreen. If too tall, remove some material, if not tall enough, get a taller screen.

I can't recommend a better windscreen than this:
https://bikescreen.com/collections/victory/products/victory-cross-country-2010-2017

I've been using them since I had my 10' XC. I"m 6"2" and use the 13" tall in Light Smoke Grey

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I went with a windscreen from these guys:

7JuRock - VICTORY (XCT) CROSS COUNTRY TOUR 2012-UP WINDSHIELD

I love the clarity, the slight tint, (optional), and I would swear the entire field of vision is infinitely sharper and clearer than when the stock Vic windscreen was brand-new. 7Jurock offers a "flip" option that is supposed to give wind blocking as if the screen were an additional 2" taller, so that may work for you as a taller rider. I'm 6' myself and the 17" screen with no "flip" works fine for me, so maybe a 16" screen with a flip would work for you? Give them a call with any questions; they have a good customer service, too.

Safe riding everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts