Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Vegas Low, right side tank badge, adhesive is getting soft, the tank badge is sliding around, down about 2 mm, I can easily move it back up, but I slides down again in no time. Ideas on how to make it stay in one position for the long term? Guessing the left side will work loose soon too.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I would remove the sagging badge and get a good double side tape.That is what held mine on. I had a hard time removing mine for paint. They were on pretty good. I haven't heard of this happening to
anyone else. But that don't mean noone else has this problem. Does the other side move easily? If not, I would just fix the one. It may just be a fluke. In manufacturing there is always a small percentage of defects.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I removed my tank badge with dental floss and the residue with bug & tar remover.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Clear silicone sealant makes for a great adhesive where you don't want one that dries hard. Apply an even layer that's not too thick and not close to the edges. Place the badge where you want it (I suggest marking the location with tape) and hold it in place with at least a couple long strips of masking tape while the sealant sets up overnight. As mentioned previously, there are many aftermarket badges, but I am so proud of my Vic that I like the colorful one that gets attention and consequently, product recognition.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i got new ones from barracuda customs they fit to the tank great and wont come off. they also dont say polaris (not that that was issue)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts