Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to easily remove your tank badges? If so I am curious what method you used. I assume that they are attached VIA some sticky double sided tape but not 100% sure. I am looking to be enlightened.

In the past on other bikes I would soak the adhesive with some WD40 then remove. I assume some ginger work with a hair dryer may be in order to remove all of the adhesive, please advise.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Why would you want to remove the tank badge... your'e just asking for more "Nice Harley" comments.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am considering taking off the badges to put on the "vintage" looking badges.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I removed mine simply for a cleaner look. I used a heat gun from a distance and just peeled them off slowly. Be sure not to scratch the tank paint with the edges of the badge. You gotta pull is straight off with two hands.

I then used some good bug and tar remover to get all the glue off. Looks slick. Good luck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Will the above tecniques also work for the two black and orange warning labels. Bike sold in Canada so some of you may not have them stuck on your tanks above filler cap. I am a little nervous about removing them.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the above tecniques also work for the two black and orange warning labels. Bike sold in Canada so some of you may not have them stuck on your tanks above filler cap. I am a little nervous about removing them.

Thanks
I don't see why not. I would not get too close to the tank with the hair dryer or heat gun through. Just a sweeping motion back and forth from a distance to head up the adhesive. On painted surfaces I usually use and old cotton sock turned inside out with WD40 to remove the adhesive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i used some power pro fishin line and just slid it behind it. i got the color ones from barracuda customs. i like them alot better. the factory ones looked like they could just fall off and didnt seem to fit right.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i used some power pro fishin line and just slid it behind it. i got the color ones from barracuda customs. i like them alot better. the factory ones looked like they could just fall off and didnt seem to fit right.
Fishing Line x 2 ( Piece of Cake ).

Wipe off excess tape with Goo Off.

No heat gun or anything else required.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Looking GOOD!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts