Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode a 2009 VTX 1300 T for 4 years and put a bra on it to save the scratches from the jacket. When I got the XC I could not find one for it. Came across another member on this site that made one so I got the some material and this is what I got.

Lots of good info on this site, every time I have a question I just do a search on it and I find the answer.

Look forward to getting some Kms, on it if the weather will cooperate. cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
loved my 1300c for 9 years and 30 some thousand miles.
enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Cooper,

Your tank bra looks great and it looks like it will protect the paint beautifully.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The seat setup on these bikes makes them look great but is kind of useless for us "larger gut types"...lol. I'm always paranoid of my jeans rubbing the tank where the seat and tank meet. I put some 3M clear film on mine and so far...so good. cheap too!thumb up

RIDE SAFE!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
The wife and I made ths one last year. I cut temples to fit the sections of the tank and used a good quality vinyl with a soft backing. I used adhesive backed velcro under the tank for easy removal. I found that it doesn't have to be real tight. It doesn't flap around from air flow. I have gotten a small piece of sand under it once or twice but that's it.
I made mine because the zipper on my jacket put very small scratches in the tank.

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
Yes in the right light you can see it. You want to replace a hair dryer will warm it and you peel it off. Great for front of bags and top of bags. You can get it at advance auto parts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had my 2014 XCT all of about 3-4 weeks when i leaned over the tank to reach something and my sweatshirt zipper scratched the tank.

After reading about how the factory touch up might make it even worse, i ordered a black tankslapper for my blue tank.
Hopefully it will be here by Monday.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Since we are on the topic, I was wondering about these recently. Would, after a couple years, it not cause the paint to fade differently? I always assumed after 3 or 4 years of using one of these you'd see a straight line clearly (if removed).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Be nice if someone made these for the Victory! I had one on the Nomad - the wife for some reason would always drag her foot across the tank and that kept it scuff free for 7 years! I keep looking on e-bay -but no one is selling them anymore!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I do have enough to make a few more. I haven't thought about selling them but it's a possibility. I can figure out a fair price.

I am working 7 days a week right now so it may be a couple of weeks before I can take the time. Check this post in the near future.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes in the right light you can see it. You want to replace a hair dryer will warm it and you peel it off. Great for front of bags and top of bags. You can get it at advance auto parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi3hJYmtKR4
Like the look of this - may try it in the crotch area of the tank, front fender and saddle bag tops - have not checked price yet

Should have enough left over to do the grill of my Jeep

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sage (Chris) is a good friend of mine,I have had lots of his stuff on other bikes, but I am not crazy about this particular tank bra. I didn't want anything that big or wizzy! I would buy one in heart beat if it was smaller as hedoes very good work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you know Sagebrush, then you know he doesn't make the bibs. They are made by Frank's Leathergoods in the States.
Contact Frank with a design or pattern and I'll bet he can make it for you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought mine directly from Frank....three times for three different bikes. He does great work and is more than willing to work with you on any design you might like better. He does custom stuff all the time. I LUV the tank pocket for my phone, wallet, etc. Last I checked he did not show the tank bra for a X bikes on his web site, but he does make them. Simply give him a call or drop him an email. He is a straight up guy to work with.....thumb up.

http://www.franksleatherproducts.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sage didn't seem too interested in getting Frank's to make anything different. I got a guy at Classic Chaps looking into it now - I bought a couple off him on other bikes - they are plain / well made / no fuss - no muss!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts