Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
12,970 Posts
so now that you raised the tank. Doesn't that mean your going to run out of gas sooner or maybe ever burn up that $300 dollar fuel pump

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't appear so. So far everythings normal. Light comes on as normally did. I try to make sure I keep at least 1/2 to 1 gallon in it and not running too low. The pump seems to stay covered on fuel that way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great!cheers

Judging by your screen name and the way that bike is modded, you must have arms like a gorilla! :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Man, this looks great! A mod I'm still desperate to do!

Bit I'm still toying with the idea of a custom turbo or even a twin turbo setup. Would like to do this at the same time.

Did you end up welding on the tank? Or just made up brackets that bolt onto the stock modified ones?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welded brother. Rigged a post under tunnel. Post hast a piece of flat stock welded to the bottom like a which has two bolts in to the flat brace that runs across the two backbones.

·
Registered
454 Posts
A little too HIGH for me but maybe one with about 1.5" lift would look better to me. I did a tank lift on my FXDSE it improved the looks but that was about all it did that was good. The down sides were the fuel gauge never worked after the lift, my miles per tank decreased (due to where the fuel pick up was located), and last but not least it exposed the front cylinder head more meaning it had to be cleaned more frequently.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts