Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question, but I just got a Vegas a couple days ago...

On previous bikes, when I ran out of fuel, there was a petcock to select the reserve pickup. I've read that the 4.5 gallon tank has a .8 gallon reserve, but haven't seen a petcock. Is this an automatic selection that will illuminate the low fuel light or what?

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Silly question, but I just got a Vegas a couple days ago...

On previous bikes, when I ran out of fuel, there was a petcock to select the reserve pickup. I've read that the 4.5 gallon tank has a .8 gallon reserve, but haven't seen a petcock. Is this an automatic selection that will illuminate the low fuel light or what?
Yes...when the fuel light turns on. It means you probably have anywhere from 25-40 miles on it before it stalls. But that is determined on your style of riding, one up or two up, highway or city, etc.
thumb up

·
Registered
25 Posts
My girlfriend's dad and I looked over the bike for a good 5 minutes checking to make sure the fuel was "on" before going out for my first ride. With no owners manual it took us a little while before the light bulb clicked on! So no, definitely not a silly question!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
My girlfriend's dad and I looked over the bike for a good 5 minutes checking to make sure the fuel was "on" before going out for my first ride. With no owners manual it took us a little while before the light bulb clicked on! So no, definitely not a silly question!

You already figured it out but for anyone else that may not know. The kill switch is your fuel pump primer. You flick that on after turning the key to the on position. You will hear it prime then start the bike up. Ride it until the fuel light comes on and fillerup again and ride!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts