·
Registered
263 Posts
searched in vain for info on fuel/gas tank risers or my XC
1. what do they do? any proof?
2. how much$, and where do ya gettem?
3. can they be made at home?
thanks
1) Were sold primarily as an appearance item. Raising the tank had better lines according to those who like them. They do increase the space under the tank and theoretically provide more air but I don't think anyone showed a measurable difference.

2) As far as I remember they were designed and sold by Bad Ace. Bad Ace appears to have fallen apart. I did see these on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pair-Gas-Flue-Tank-Lift-Spacers-Kit-For-Victory-Hardball-Cross-Country-Roads/222860150170?epid=11011629788&hash=item33e380059a. I do not own them so I can't speak to these.

3) Probably but not at the cost you'll find on eBay.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate, link wont work for me...
anyone else have anything to say about XC Tank Risers?

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
A while back someone reported they don't make a lick of improvement in the git up and go department. And some say they hear the intake after installing them. I have no first hand experience with them, just what I read.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
They're mainly for esthetics, I have then on mine and really like the look. I have a good amount of motor work and can say they dont do much for preformance but it does let you hear the intake suction a bit more. Personaly I recomend them but I did buy the cover for the throttle body/linkage behind the right side cheese wedge. That would be the only down side is with out the cover (I think from vic baggers) it showed the throttle body and linkage. Also on the upside it seems like I can get a bit more fuel in the tank cause of how it raises it, but that could be me imaging that.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're mainly for esthetics, I have then on mine and really like the look. I have a good amount of motor work and can say they dont do much for preformance but it does let you hear the intake suction a bit more. Personaly I recomend them but I did buy the cover for the throttle body/linkage behind the right side cheese wedge. That would be the only down side is with out the cover (I think from vic baggers) it showed the throttle body and linkage. Also on the upside it seems like I can get a bit more fuel in the tank cause of how it raises it, but that could be me imaging that.
got a pic for us?

·
Registered
24 Posts
got a pic for us?
Ill try but my bike at the moment has no faring on it so its hard to tell the difference, and I didn't take any before pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pics of tank risers and TB linkage cover

Here are some pics hope you can see what you're hoping to see. If i remember when I get her all back together I'll upload more.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi WoodRat, looks like it would be easier to replace a broken clutch cable at the side of the road with the tank risers in too. Gotta beat finishing a long trip with vicegrips clamped on the clutch throwout arm.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Put a set on my CCT a couple years ago and like the looks. Fuel gage maybe a little more accurate but not much.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I gather they must go on like this to actually raise the tank?
Just starting on the cams pipes and intake and sorta fitting the risers now so I dont forget em😉

Attachments

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I might just have to go the the machine shop and make me a set. Looks easy enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I gather they must go on like this to actually raise the tank?
Just starting on the cams pipes and intake and sorta fitting the risers now so I dont forget em😉
Yep, very easy install. If you have someone help you I dont think the tank even needs to get fully pulled off. I did mine when I cleaned my air cleaner so the tank was off.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did the cams and filter last night so mine was off😎

·
Registered
337 Posts
do make sure you put them on the correct sides. i didnt and fussed and cussed because i had to do it more than 1 time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts