Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the tank risers. They raise the tank up about 1” in the front. They are suppose to allow more air to the engine & I like the looks of the tank sitting up a bit higher. So once again what I say one mod requires or proves the need for another. Had the tank off for a new clutch cable(Barnett, yes!). I noticed the harness looked a tad different. Took off the aftermarket tank riser. Sure enough the nice square sharp corners of the tank riser is eating into the harness. Going to file off the sharp corner & put it back together. So beware, at least check it when the tank is off. Hopefully this helps to prevent the “short” of the life of your bikes harness.🤓

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a belt sander will quickly take care of rounding that sharp corner but only if one is first aware there is a potential problem with it.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bbob sounds like a good idea. I had a cut off wheel on my 4.5” body grinder. It made quick work of cleaning off the sharp corners. Ended up doing both tank risers. Checked the rest of the harness. Ended up taping up some other spots on the harness. Found the side covers had started chewing into the harness on both sides. Ended up cleaning up some spots on the side covers so they no longer touch the harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts