Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladyridr has been noticing that her jacket has been scuffing the tank up. I did a search and found there are several kits that you can buy and spend a lot of money. Since she rides a black CR it really shows up. Instead of spending the $40 - $80 for the clear plastic stuff that you squeegee on we went to Walmart (or any automotive store) and low and behold they sell static cling window tint kits for around $12. She spent about an hour cutting a piece of paper to fit the way she wanted and then cut the window tint and applied it according to the directions on the box. The nice thing about the kit is that she has enough (60 sq ft) to do the tank, saddlebags and any other place she wants about 25 times. If you have a black bike it will look really good. I can't speak for other colors.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I wish I would have known of this for my "05" Triumph when I bought it new. The paint still might look great on it now,but it is scratched pretty badly 69,000 miles later. Great idea. Enjoy the ride.:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can we see some close up pics of the finished product??

·
Registered
774 Posts
Very interested for gravel gaurds on lower paint surfaces.
Have you tested at high speed? Do you put them on dry? Thanks cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very interested for gravel gaurds on lower paint surfaces.
Have you tested at high speed? Do you put them on dry? Thanks cheers
I rode 480 miles today. Mixed speeds- 60 to 75. No problem with it staying on.

I followed the instructions on the film. I washed the area with dishwashing liquid since I didn't have baby shampoo. I made a template with parchment paper to cut the film to size. I then applied the film. I smoothed it out with a small squeege - a credit card would also work.You need to stretch the film while working out the air bubbles.

ladyridr

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can we see some close up pics of the finished product??
I attached a photo but I don't know if you will be able to see it. There is a line across the tank in front of the seat.The film is from that line down to the seat and on the side next to the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks pretty clean!!Great idea,thanks for the pics.thumb up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts