Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered VicBagger's Tarzanz Bagger Barz and I'd like to get a set new grips as well. It seems like they've specified the handlebars in inches, so I was wondering if I should be ordering metric grips or Harley grips? Thanks!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just ordered VicBagger's Tarzanz Bagger Barz and I'd like to get a set new grips as well. It seems like they've specified the handlebars in inches, so I was wondering if I should be ordering metric grips or Harley grips? Thanks!!
You would still want to go for the Vic specific grips. The diameter of the bar where all your controls mount is the same diameter as stock...7/8

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
You would still want to go for the Vic specific grips. The diameter of the bar where all your controls mount is the same diameter as stock...7/8
+1
The stock diameter is retained, so the cable mounting points need to be matched (HDs are different).
I'm running Avon Heated Air Cushion Metric grips and they work GREAT. The Victory Comfort Grips felt better, but no heat.

·
13,003 Posts
Sorry guys there 1" bars all the way and you would use h-d grips
Vic bars a 1" not 7/8's

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I didn't see that he said 7/8". You are correct they are 1" bars for either.
I will stand by getting Victory specific grips as a sure way to avoid any hassle. Avon told me to get the Metric version, so I did and they work perfect. Will Hd grips fit 100% of the time? Don't know. I do know VJ has argued this in the past, and I'm not starting it up again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts