Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 jackpot with the km 45 degree rake. However the drag bars have me leaning over way to far. 2 questions. 1: are there risers for one piece bars like this. 2: if risers won't work any recommendations on bars and price points with install"?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Try witchdoctors or kewlmetal has risers if that is the style you need depending on the bars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've also got the 45 deg. pro street on mine. Using the fly bars and they required the 2" risers from Kewlmetal.

The cables would hit the tank without the risers in a locked right turn, not to mention I'd be leaned way forward. I'm 5'10" with fairly long arms.

Hopefully the pictures help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since you said you just got it...

I've put 12k on mine and I couldn't imagine wrestling this thing around with drag bars. I'm pretty beat after 300 miles in one day as it is. The extra leverage you get with wider bars really helps on the JP with the 45 deg. rake and that fat back tire. I didn't really realize how much effort it took to put the Jackpot through the twisties until I picked up the HD Ultra. It's a heavier bike but takes half the effort to ride.

That said, I still like to ride the JP more. It's just more fun to ride.

If you really like the looks of the t/drag bars and want to keep them you may want to plan on bar hopping and/or shorter trips. Otherwise I think you'd be happier with some wider bars.

My 2 cents.... YMMV. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
rstarost,

Without pics it's hard to say what I'd recommend. You say you want them back further but it's going to depend on how they are attached to the front end/triple tree. If they are like scotty's beautiful bike you could simply tilt them back a little.

I can't do that with mine as they go straight into the triple.

I love the way drag bars look on the JP I just can't imagine riding on all day with them. But like I said, your mileage may vary. :)

I've had other people ride mine and say the fly bars were too wide. You gotta go with what *you* like the best and the only way to find out is to try some out.

Hope that helps a bit. post a couple pics and maybe we can help a bit better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These are the risers I have on my flybars. I don't know that the bars would hit without them but the throttle cables for sure wouldn't clear the tank.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_149&products_id=55

If I were you I'd give Big Joe (at Kewlmetal) a call. He can be hard to get a hold of but once you do he is very helpful and knows what he's talking about. Explain your situation and he'll get you squared away or at least point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You will have to check how much slack you have in your cables to see if you will have to buy extended cables. I'm sure 1" ones probably would have enough slack 2" will be close. I have 2" on my v-bars but the previous owner already had put on braided extensions so I don't know how much slack would have been there. Taking the studs out is a pain, I didn't have any heat to loosen up the threadlocker so it some muscle to get them out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rstarost,

Without pics it's hard to say what I'd recommend. You say you want them back further but it's going to depend on how they are attached to the front end/triple tree. If they are like scotty's beautiful bike you could simply tilt them back a little.

I can't do that with mine as they go straight into the triple.

I love the way drag bars look on the JP I just can't imagine riding on all day with them. But like I said, your mileage may vary. :)

I've had other people ride mine and say the fly bars were too wide. You gotta go with what *you* like the best and the only way to find out is to try some out.

Hope that helps a bit. post a couple pics and maybe we can help a bit better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like yours are nearly straight with very little pullback. (Nice looking bike BTW!). No wonder you're leaning so far forward.

If you use the 2" risers you'll get the bars 1.41" closer to you and 1.41" higher (based on a true 45 deg angle). If you don't think that's going to be enough you'll have to go with different bars and like shanko said, extended cables.

Your's has the forward controls like mine. Who ever had yours before must have been pretty tall with long arms to go with the t-bars and forward controls.

Here's a couple better pictures of mine. Hopefully they will give you a better idea of what you're looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts