Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I promise this will be the last fairing thread I start. lol

I got my Wide Open Custom fairing three days ago, so far I've made my brackets and mounted the fairing. They don't have brackets for the TC, I talked to them on the phone and they let me know that before I ordered so thats no knock on them. It was actually a plus that I had to make my own because it allowed me to position the fairing exactly where I wanted it, it also helps to have a friend with plasma cutter and sheets of steel, witch I do:D

Here's a pic of the bracket that comes with the fairing.

And pics of the brackets I made unpainted and I will replace the bolts these are just what I had laying around.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to have to do a little modifying (cutting) but I will be able install a pair of 5 1/4" and a pair of 6 1/2" Infinity speakers with a amp that has a Ipod jack. All I have to do is order it all and somehow patiently wait. lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
While you're waiting for the speakers, you can paint the fairing. Looks good. I had an '03 TC with dealer installed fairing. It's going to be a good look and a good ride. Have fun.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put all the hardware on last night and ordered the sound system today. I have a friend that puts audio systems in boats around here as a side job so I'm leaving that to him, should have it done sometime next week.

Took some pics before I strip it back down for paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting. I'll be doing it someday. Funny, but I took my windshield off the other day and took a putt. I can't believe I used to ride without a helmet, glasses, front fender, much less a windshield. I couldn't stand the noise, sand in face, or wind around glasses. Couldn't get on it cause it just got worse! Sign of intolerable age?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Lookin good! Now you have NO excuses riding all winter... lol...:ltr:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the only thing I couldn't take while riding in cold weather was my hands freezing I don't think that will be a prob now.

I took it for a test run and I'm getting very little wind on my hands, the 5 1/2" windshields not much use over 60mph but I have a 10". I'm going to need to make some lowers or buy some pasties for my man boobs though. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the amp thats going in it, it's got everything I wanted now if it performs like I want it to I'll be set.

Description:
The amp has a built in FM radio right out of the box. There is a built in antenna inside the amplifier, however you can also connect a Sirius tuner and / or external antenna to this amp.

There is a full featured wireless and wired remote that allows you to change FM channels on this system. You can connect any mp3 player, CD player and more to the3.5 mm aux jack on the system. There is also a USB and SD input so you can listen to your favorite music right off a SD card or a USB device.
This system features a huge lit up LCD screen that allows you to see the song information, FM channel, usb , SD , etc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yea the only thing I couldn't take while riding in cold weather was my hands freezing I don't think that will be a prob now.

I took it for a test run and I'm getting very little wind on my hands, the 5 1/2" windshields not much use over 60mph but I have a 10". I'm going to need to make some lowers or buy some pasties for my man boobs though. :D
Those HD fork lowers mount up with just a little bit of cutting and drilling one hole for under 60 bucks I think... (would have to look it up again). Anyway, put mine on and WOW... No more buffeting! I did add some hard lowers and I swear I have increased buffeting because of it... hehe Anyway, I would go fork lowers, you should be fine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
batwing

any chance you can make another set of brackets? I also have a 2004 tc deluxe, and cant find a batwing anywhere. Actually Alisha from wide open customs said its not available for my bike..
Memphis shade was of no help either.thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Jet you would probably be better off taking the measurements yourself and having a set made, if anything is off on our bikes by 1/16 or even 1/32 the ones I made wouldn't fit. It's not hard to do and if you don't have the means to make them yourself I can't see a metal shop charging that much to make a set.

My fairing is out right now or I could take more detailed pics of how I made my template then you just trace it out on your metal cut and drill.
This is what I did I bought a pack of clear folder dividers like 2 bucks set the fairing how I wanted it then held one of the clear folder dividers up where the bracket would be and drew a bracket with a sharpie. As long as the holes line up your bracket design could be anything if you don't like the ones I made you could even make them into V's and paint them up. I may do that now that I thought of it lol that would look cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Looks great bud! Would like to see the inside shell, got this on my winter project list....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still need grills for the speakers but all in all it's going to work out great.

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
I still need grills for the speakers but all in all it's going to work out great.
Looks awesome. I have a Trike Shop radio caddy fairing that I would love to install on mine, but no one makes mounts for it that they will sell. Love the look with it on the bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts