Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Vision is my first bike equipped with a radio and I love it..except for all the commercials.

What are my options reference the aux cable in the glove box?

I have an ol' school flip phone (job provided, aka free), so no music source.

Whatcha got?

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can use a variety of I-pods. I have a Nano, it stores more music than I can listen to in a week. All the controls work with it too. I also use my I-phone.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
My passenger plays the harmonica.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
I like both kinds. Country and Western.
Would that be the music of Rogers and Hart? Roy Rogers and William S. Hart? Hoo Boy, that gives away my age.:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the Victory IPod cord #2878628 today. Hook up was a piece o' cake.

Daughter gave me her old Nano (not used since getting an IPhone).

Transferred some favorite CD songs to ITunes and also bought a few.

The sound is awesome, so much better quality than FM radio!

Got to love digital music thumb up

·
13,003 Posts
The Vision is my first bike equipped with a radio and I love it..except for all the commercials.

What are my options reference the aux cable in the glove box?

I have an ol' school flip phone (job provided, aka free), so no music source.

Whatcha got?
go to craigslist and look under electronic for a 3rd generation ipod the lager the Gb the more songs you can have. You can down load enough songs so you will not hear the same one for five days. Do Not Buy One with hard drive cause it will lock up on you.
Get a account with itunes or you can down load your cd's if you have them. Now you can hear the music you like

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I got the Victory IPod cord #2878628 today. Hook up was a piece o' cake.

Daughter gave me her old Nano (not used since getting an IPhone).

Transferred some favorite CD songs to ITunes and also bought a few.

The sound is awesome, so much better quality than FM radio!

Got to love digital music thumb up
Nano works great. Since you got the iPod cord you can create playlists 02, 03, 04 etc under iTunes's and load your play lists of songs so that your console buttons now trigger the assigned play list. For me 02 zeppelin when no traffic, 03 heavy metal for the non HOV ride, 04 classic rock with some country, 05 scenic view music. You get the picture. 1 will play all songs but best to dig into the owners manual. While the sound system is prett good, I really like the Ness Honkers at about 2800 and accelerate. Hehe

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used a ipod for several years and miles.....finally I needed more variety then music I already heard.

....so I went back to the radio.

cept one time I was blasting down the middle of nowhere Indiana in the middle of the night and the only thing I could get was country and Christian music. I aint bagging on either...but it aint my thing.

I rigged up a SIRIUS satellite radio on my Vision....plugged into the AUX IN cord. Great variety, tons of channels.....works across the US.

Downside....cost me about $9 a month....but thats small potatoes, I spend alot of time on this bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Best upgrade actually was a smart phone.

I use an Android based phone now (HTC One) vice an iPhone. Between the music loaded, Pandora which now that I've figured out I'm hooked on, iHeartRadio and Tunein radio apps I love it.

Only downside is Android doesn't interface with the system like iOS does (with the iPod cable) to take advantage of the controls. This interface difference on the bike has almost made me shift back to Apple... :(

My next endeavor will be to look at using the XM function to add a bluetooth interface- I think it will work but take some work...

/r

Allen

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 30 pin ipod aux connection on my bike. I bought a blue tooth Ipod adapter off of Amazon for about $15. Now I can connect my android phone through blue tooth and stream music through the aux connection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the 30 pin ipod aux connection on my bike. I bought a blue tooth Ipod adapter off of Amazon for about $15. Now I can connect my android phone through blue tooth and stream music through the aux connection.
I would be VERY interested in which gizmo you picked up! BT interface with my Android device works perfectly with my car so I'm already aware of how it "should" behave.

/r

Allen

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is called an iwave a2dp adapter. Search iwave in amzon.com and you will find some similar products.

Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver for Bose Sounddock / Beatbox / Phillips / JBL and other dock stations - 30pins (Black) by MOCREO

1 - 20 of 29 Posts