Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was just wondering what you guys input might be on Tesla cars.
I can say where I live in Kansas I have only seen 1 of them on the road.
My 2 cents I am guessing they are high dollars grocery getter.
The reason I say that is well I have traveled a lot of highways and have been to
a lot of truck stops and I have never seen a Tesla on the interstate
I also have never seen a Tesla charging station at a truck stop / gas station.

How long do they take to charge? 2 hours that is just to long for me :grin:grin

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Hello all,

I was just wondering what you guys input might be on Tesla cars.

I can say where I live in Kansas I have only seen 1 of them on the road.

My 2 cents I am guessing they are high dollars grocery getter.

The reason I say that is well I have traveled a lot of highways and have been to

a lot of truck stops and I have never seen a Tesla on the interstate

I also have never seen a Tesla charging station at a truck stop / gas station.

How long do they take to charge? 2 hours that is just to long for me :grin:grin
I will wait until the Chinese electric cars are exported, they look so awsome, and you can fix them yourself .... Non of that tesla crap that is all locked & blocked ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Yeah; Tesla is just a rich person's toy. Not a serious car.

Maybe one day when they cost what a regular new car does ($18-25k as of this writing) then maybe it will gain some market share and be a good little grocery getter and around town errand transpo. Maybe even a good Uber car or Taxi.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
It'll be better when they get the costs under control. Even with Teslas being more expensive than a comparable regular car, I hear they are losing a lot of money on each sale. However, like anything else, the new products are always going to be more expensive before they are mainstream.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tesla's are all over the place here in California. It's pretty regular to see them on the highway to Las Vegas or traveling between LA and San Francisco.

Here is video of someone drag racing their Tesla.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It'll be better when they get the costs under control. Even with Teslas being more expensive than a comparable regular car, I hear they are losing a lot of money on each sale.
Sounds a lot like Polaris was saying about the Vicory line.

·
Registered
780 Posts
There should be an electric vs conventional calculator online somewhere- I got several hits on the search, but I can't spend the time looking a lot right now. So in the meantime let's take this simple statement I found here:

https://www.energysage.com/electric-vehicles/costs-and-benefits-evs/evs-vs-fossil-fuel-vehicles/

A 2018 study from the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Institute found that electric vehicles cost less than half as much to operate as gas-powered cars. The average cost to operate an EV in the United States is $485 per year, while the average for a gasoline-powered vehicle is $1,117.

Now let's pretend that this "study" performed by our elite & illuminated academia.. is completely legit and accurate. Let's pretend that it's not a 12 pound pile of steaming enviro-fascist liberal horseshit.

Tesla's push/exceed 100k. Typical car with some damn nice features and good mileage (25+ combined) from $24- 27k.

About $75k in extra up front cost. (plus whatever interest on the loan, etc)

$1117- 485= $632 savings per year.

$75000/632= 118 years.

Let's be generous. Maybe the Tesla store is having a sale, huh? (wowwwww)

$55000/632= 87 years..

But it is one HELL of drag racer. Give it props for that.

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
...I have traveled a lot of highways and have been to a lot of truck stops and I have never seen a Tesla on the interstate. I also have never seen a Tesla charging station at a truck stop / gas station.
Yup... see 'em all the time on the way home from work here in the bay area and Sacramento. What gets me is who's drivin' them. They're mostly white collar types. But, there are a few privileged types, like with anything, who shouldn't be allowed on the streets...

(I've tried several times to post a YouTube link of a woman at a gas station trying to find the gas hole on her Tesla... it's hilarious. If yer interested search: Woman tries putting gas in a Tesla.
Since my link doesn't work)
'm sure if her bottom wasn't attached she'd have problems findin' it.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Yup... see 'em all the time on the way home from work here in the bay area and Sacramento. What gets me is who's drivin' them. They're mostly white collar types. But, there are a few privileged types, like with anything, who shouldn't be allowed on the streets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPg2Mi2roI
At least the guy helped her at the end. Funny and worthy of a facepalm at the same time.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
We have a lot of Teslas here in Portland, but understand that this is a very blue city where they like to wear their greeness on their sleeve. When the Prius first came out, there were a bunch of them here too. Tesla has charging stations about every 300 miles along Interstates from coast to coast, but I still would not want to risk a transcontinental trip in one.
I think that Teslas sell well in areas inhabited by save-the-earth liberals as compared to Conservative regions where the folks aren't so gullible.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Where I work we have 4 charging stations for electric cars. If you work for my company you get to charge for free up to 4 hours. Several people have bought electric vehicles because the of this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My hats off to Elon Musk.
He knows how to market and sell.
Facts though the electric car is nothing "new"
Here is a link to Jay Lenos 1909 Baker electric car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts