Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding an 08 Kingpin Tour right now and while I love it, my wife would like a better and roomier ride.

So, I rode a 2013 Vision the other day and noticed a few things:
1. Bars are quite a bit lower than the bars on my pin. Can they be adjusted up?
2. Current bar position seems to block a lot of the rear view mirror, was it just the adjustment on the mirrors themselves?
3. Shifter seemed to be very close to the floor board, so close that I had to think about pushing my boot toe under it to shift up. I assume that would be adjustable?

I'm really pining for one, thinking 2011 if that was the year the new tranny was released and ABS was available then. Would love to find a good priced white one...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm riding an 08 Kingpin Tour right now and while I love it, my wife would like a better and roomier ride.

So, I rode a 2013 Vision the other day and noticed a few things:
1. Bars are quite a bit lower than the bars on my pin. Can they be adjusted up?
2. Current bar position seems to block a lot of the rear view mirror, was it just the adjustment on the mirrors themselves?
3. Shifter seemed to be very close to the floor board, so close that I had to think about pushing my boot toe under it to shift up. I assume that would be adjustable?

I'm really pining for one, thinking 2011 if that was the year the new tranny was released and ABS was available then. Would love to find a good priced white one...
Pinion has more than enough room and ride is comfy. IF any buffeting is an issue for her a 7jurock flip would solve it at about 140$$$.

1. No, only a pull back. I actually like the lower bars after riding it a while but a buddy on a XCT said it is a problem for him too when he road at demo day. I think the bar position comes into play on the different posture in the saddle of the VV. there are plenty of add ons riders have done to overcome this.
2. No, common complaint of fairing design. After tweaking you get the outter 50% of the mirror seeing your hands in the inner 50%. I have no issue seeing behind me. You are not going to get what you see in a control mounted mirror unless you add a control mounted mirror. I have no complaint on the mirror other than the slight vibration in it.
3. ????? I wear a size 11 safety boot at work which I wear riding in and home every day. No problem with this at all. Boot under shifter with ease so think it was the bike you rode. Should be able to adjust out.

I thought 2010 was a good year as well on the tranny but 2011-12 you have abs as well as upgrade on tranny I guess you call it and abs. Abs works great. I think 13 lost the hid cyclops.

Cycle trader should help you but these bikes ride so well and comfy year round don't count on the winter flood of VVs for sale. Lol. It really is a year round ride you can walk out the door and say screw the rain gear or chaps and just ride. Oh, the white Visions are the faster ones too! Lol. Got any other questions ask em.

Tim

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback Tim.

The KP is a great bike and the wife has no problem for a few hours, but its nothing like the comfort on the VV... Especially if there were arm rests added on the VV.

Regarding the lower handlebars, I woke up that night with shoulder pain and didn't know why until I realized it was the 1-1/2 hours spent on the VV that probably caused it. But like you said, once I got used to it, it would be fine.

I've been watching cycletrader, and there have been a few. Once I'm ready I'll sell the Pin and get one. I wouldn't mind flying in somewhere to pick one up and ride home :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Fly into AZ. Victory of Mesa has a couple used VV

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Tim.

The KP is a great bike and the wife has no problem for a few hours, but its nothing like the comfort on the VV... Especially if there were arm rests added on the VV.

Regarding the lower handlebars, I woke up that night with shoulder pain and didn't know why until I realized it was the 1-1/2 hours spent on the VV that probably caused it. But like you said, once I got used to it, it would be fine.

I've been watching cycletrader, and there have been a few. Once I'm ready I'll sell the Pin and get one. I wouldn't mind flying in somewhere to pick one up and ride home :)
Don't rule out new, check out the rebates that apply to you on the 12's as I picked mine up NEW while looking for a used paying less than 1000 more for new AND got the low intrest rate so in the end came out cheaper

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am the friend on the XCT that Tim is refering too.....It's ok if Icall myself a friend aint it Tim as you said it first....LOL

If the handlebars would adjust up and if they did it before the 20th of Sept, I would probably be on a Vision instead of a XCT and Lloyd would probably be working on my Vision instead of my XCT.

Don't get me wrong, I like my bike alot, but there are a few things I like about the Vision better. but then again, there are some things on the XCT that I like better than the Vision, so it is a wash. But no matter how hard I wanted to like the Vision, I hated the bar position with my stature. I honestly felt ike the bars wee going to hit my legs, granted thy would not but that is the feeling. It really made me feel like I was sitting ON TOP of the bike rather than in it, if that makes sense. One would think that a company would make a set of bars that is higher that could be installed instead of simply coming straight back.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I am the friend on the XCT that Tim is refering too.....It's ok if Icall myself a friend aint it Tim as you said it first....LOL

If the handlebars would adjust up and if they did it before the 20th of Sept, I would probably be on a Vision instead of a XCT and Lloyd would probably be working on my Vision instead of my XCT.

Don't get me wrong, I like my bike alot, but there are a few things I like about the Vision better. but then again, there are some things on the XCT that I like better than the Vision, so it is a wash. But no matter how hard I wanted to like the Vision, I hated the bar position with my stature. I honestly felt ike the bars wee going to hit my legs, granted thy would not but that is the feeling. It really made me feel like I was sitting ON TOP of the bike rather than in it, if that makes sense. One would think that a company would make a set of bars that is higher that could be installed instead of simply coming straight back.
Yea Brett of course I call you friend lol, I just didnt want to dink you whining about bar height.. lol.. JK of course, it is a crucial part of the ride and solid sales point IMHO. ON a side note, I did see a Vision with APEs... Yup, it was an 8 ball and looked pretty wild with APEs on it. It was differnt to me too but I quickly adjusted to it to the point when I jump on the TC now IT feels weird. Anyway, lots of pro's on both bikes... I say ride'em a couple times and go with what fits. Biggest point to me more than the bars is riding a fixed fairing bike over a fork mounted fairing. wac

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm going to ride a few different bikes. The demo tour comes here on Sept 11th, so I'll ride the XCT and VV that day.

I'm also going to go ride a Triumph Trophy and the BMW R1200RT and (gasp) a Street Glide just for comparison and to make sure I know what I want.

I may just keep the Pin cause its a really great bike too!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the 2011 Vision Tour Premium just like you want... All the factory options... plus... D&D Slip-ons... added mirrors... Etc... asking $16500 OBO

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wish I was ready to get one now Handy.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think I'm going to ride a few different bikes. The demo tour comes here on Sept 11th, so I'll ride the XCT and VV that day.

I'm also going to go ride a Triumph Trophy and the BMW R1200RT and (gasp) a Street Glide just for comparison and to make sure I know what I want.

I may just keep the Pin cause its a really great bike too!

Orrrrrrr........ You could keep the pin AND pick up a new VV or XCT thumb up

Either wa demo day is the right call. Ride them ith a couple times solo and double I would say making sure right pressure on mono for each ride and check for amount of gas. 6 gallon tank on VV and you see how it's mounted so you got that low center of gravity and a 5 gallon on the XCT on top the back bone like normal. It is different with fuel loads I though from demo day. Good luck and keep us posted. Maybe mama wants the pin, have ou asked her? Hehecheers

·
13,002 Posts
No you really can't move the bars up but there are a few dealers that make bars.

You can move the mirrors and get to see more out the back but not much. You can add mirrors to the two master cylinders

Shifter can be adjusted to get your foot under the peg easy job dealer should do it before you ride off.

Over here in Minnesota there is a dealer called Mies they have a good dozen vision and are the biggest victory dealer in the US

http://www.miesoutland.com/showcaseproductslist.htm?Brand=37&Type=1786

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks VisionJohnny, about what I figured on the bars and shifter.

I see Mies pop up in cycletrader all the time. I might need to make a run up there this fall or next spring.

-Lance

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I ended up finding a brand new 2013 over in Kalamazoo MI for $15,999 ! Negotiated a decent trade and then got the $1000 Military discount off the top. Couldn't pass it up!

Here she is!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts