Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Jackpot but was thinking while I was at the dealer for some oil filters, etc. I would take one out for a spin as a few years from now I may want to buy one to add so its easier riding two up.

They gave me a blue XC with all the toys and only 47 miles on it. Amazing looking bike.

Pro's
1. Great looking
2. Ridiculously comfortable
3. Radio worked well (had that GM tech where it auto adjusts volume based on speed).
4. Controls are easy to read and used.
5. Floorboards and seating position are perfect as is for my height of 5'9"
6. Hard bags are unbelievable big. When I was looking at it a guy walked by and said "****, you could stuff an infant in there" Not sure if I should be disturbed by that comment or not:crzy:
7. Handling was incredibly nimble. Surprisingly so.
8. Paint job looked like it was good quality.
9. Tranny is smoother than my 08 Jackpot.

Cons
1. Didn't like the noise of the stock exhaust. Motor and bike just sounded weird.
2. Vibration in floorboards at highway speed is annoying.
3. Short windshield provided with stock batwing also provided lots of wind buffetting for my height and seat position which really sucked on the highway and if there weren't an option for a taller screen it would literally be a deal breaker.
4. Speakers sound tinny, but I am not surprised and it would be an easy fix.

Overall a nice bike but I think they need to refine it a lot. Just figured I'd share my two cents since I had a chance to ride one. Would I buy one? Possibly.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well, three of the four you mention are easy fixes so not sure what you mean by refining a lot. lol There are a LOT of screen options for the XC from what I've seen. As for the floorboards, I've only come across a very small handful of people who actually had issues with it. I never noticed it on my XR until someone mentioned it and I took note to look for it. But, I've gone in excess of 300 miles in a day several times and have never had any sort of numbness or anything result from it...like I said, barely noticed it before hand. As for the exhaust, all Vics sound like crap stock (IMO). Thankfully, more and more options for these bikes are showing up!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think what I mean is for the price point and considering what bikes they are attempting to compete with directly they need to do a better job refining "the little things" ahead of time. I rode stock jackpots before buying mine slightly used with the ness pipes on it and even the bone stock ones sounded a lot better than the XC. That being said a minor issue clearly. Just seems like the bike as a whole felt a little off of where I expected it to be, that's all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts