Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Folks,
I just had to do it. I always loved Honda's and i used to have a VTX. So When i was at the dealer, to inquire about my recall work on my Vic, i stopped and looked that the new Honda Goldwing. The only one they had were the 7 speed automatics. So they guys asked me if i wanted to take it for a test ride. Hell yea.... well let me tells you , the automatic drove me NUTS. No clutch level, no shifter. really really weird. I have a habit of blipping the throttle at the light, not rev it mind you.. just a blip. well i did that with the Honda and I shot out into the intersection. Talk about having to go home to change the skivvies.
Aside from the transmission.. the bike ran well. Well engineered. But way to cramped. couldnt put my legs out and i felt like io was riding a hova-round. :laugh

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Well Folks,
I just had to do it. I always loved Honda's and i used to have a VTX. So When i was at the dealer, to inquire about my recall work on my Vic, i stopped and looked that the new Honda Goldwing. The only one they had were the 7 speed automatics. So they guys asked me if i wanted to take it for a test ride. Hell yea.... well let me tells you , the automatic drove me NUTS. No clutch level, no shifter. really really weird. I have a habit of blipping the throttle at the light, not rev it mind you.. just a blip. well i did that with the Honda and I shot out into the intersection. Talk about having to go home to change the skivvies.
Aside from the transmission.. the bike ran well. Well engineered. But way to cramped. couldnt put my legs out and i felt like io was riding a hova-round. :laugh
Soon, automatic transmissions will be in all motorcycles, then dirtbikes. Once that happens, things will be autonomous, and life will not be worth living.

In all seriousness, the pastor at my mom and dads church has a new goldwing. He loves the smoothness, but still prefers to shift his bike. I wouldn't mind riding one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a habit of blipping the throttle at the light, not rev it mind you.. just a blip. well i did that with the Honda and I shot out into the intersection.
I bet you would retrain yourself quick after doing that a few times. I never really thought about it but that's a good thing to remember when on a auto trans bike. Luckily I don't have a blipping habit so my transition should be easier. I've never ridden a auto trans bike but I can imagine it takes some getting used to.

I remember stomping the floor many times after I got my first automatic vehicle.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Imagine what would happen if HD put automatic transmissions in all of there bikes. We would have dead riders all over the place.
...at stoplights and while walking bikes backwards into parking spots...

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Well Folks,
Oh thank God!!... we still have a "Real Motorcyclist" among us... LOL ;) Seriously I'm so sick of hearing and reading about how wonderful this automatic GW is. :puke: The last thing I would want on my MC is an automatic transmission.

...at stoplights and while walking bikes backwards into parking spots...

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:
I almost spit out my coffee reading this doob.... :D I was at an HD demo event a few weeks ago, the way the lot was setup most riders pulled in and backed um' in to slots along the right side.... and **** if you're not dead on, so many would pop their pipes as they backed in..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well Folks,
, the automatic drove me NUTS. No clutch lever, no shifter. really really weird. I have a habit of blipping the throttle at the light, not rev it mind you.. just a blip. well i did that with the Honda and I shot out into the intersection. Talk about having to go home to change the skivvies. :laugh
Visualizing that scenario made my morning coffee come out my nose. :grin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts