Discussion Starter #1
How many people here run this setup:

Cross bike/hardball
Lloydz hi flow filter
Lloydz timing wheel at *4 degrees
PCV
O2 sensors unplugged
any ANY slip on exhaust

Seems like a good combo. I want to know how it works and people's opinions.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
My Sig shows HP/TQ #s below. The PCV requires wide band O2 sensors so don't plan on disconnecting them. The set up I had is only as good as it is because of the Professional that Dyno tuned it after he installed my cams. End result besides 30Hp and similar tq gains? Increase in rpm + a tuned and cooler running motor.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Power Commander itself requires no O2 sensors (and calls for disconnecting the stock ones in the install). You do need wide band for Auto Tune but I don't really want to go that route if I can avoid it.

The Auto Tune seems fairly inconvenient to me. I'd rather not touch up numbers, ride, test, etc. If they made it with a wider memory then great. If you could choose a target air/fuel ratio and just plug it up and drive off then I would. I'm not interested in installing something then messing with it for awhile to get it right myself.

Of course, I may not have a choice........

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Your making the AT sound alot harder than it is. If you set the AT to the desired afr then yes your bike will run at the set afr. But for your map it does require you to ride the bike at varying throttle positions then come home and hook your CP up and accept trims and your done. There is a ridiculous amount of misinformation on the internet and this site in general about the AT ...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I have the exact setup you mentioned (with dyno) and couldn't be happier with the performance. I ended up with nearly 95HP and 110 ft Lb. with open pipes (no baffle). I may change to a baffled (or and a Thrush glasspack mod) at some point as it's a bit too loud. It also may add a bit of torque back.
I read and read what others had done and this seemed like the most liked setup. I see why it's so well liked.

No regrets...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Auto tune sounds as tedious as I've read it to be. Why add extra steps? Set it up one time and let it roll. It's a good idea and I think later generations of it will be awesome. The current one holds little appeal to me personally. When we already have the technology to make a better setup, then that's what I want. I don't want one I instal, then "tune" my "auto tune." Doesn't sound that handy to me. Sure it can correct over time for your changes but "auto" leads me to believe I don't have to keep messing with it. It's more like a "tedious setup tune" than "auto tune." Why do I have to keep accepting map and checking it? If it was "auto" I should set it up once and forget it.

It's just me but I'm not impressed. A year or two from now when the next gen "auto tunes" come out then I'll check back into them. Of course I may not have a choice to do literally no map suport for the Victories, but I'm trying to avoid it.

I'd be interested in a tuned map like the above poster has. I just can't use a map for unbaffled pies. The tables would be way too different. Same setup with any slip on I'd take.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
How many people here run this setup:

Cross bike/hardball /2010 Cross Roads
Lloydz hi flow filter /Victory high flow AF
Lloydz timing wheel at *4 degrees /mine's set at 7degrees
PCV [B/Lloydz VFCIII

O2 sensors unplugged /completely removed, holes plugged
any ANY slip on exhaust /OEMs with drilled baffles

Seems like a good combo. I want to know how it works and people's opinions.

Also added Lloydz IAV. Does all that count? It works for me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Your making the AT sound alot harder than it is. If you set the AT to the desired afr then yes your bike will run at the set afr. But for your map it does require you to ride the bike at varying throttle positions then come home and hook your CP up and accept trims and your done. There is a ridiculous amount of misinformation on the internet and this site in general about the AT ...
Without a dyno, how do you know the ideal afr's at different loads,and RPM's, each cylinder.......

Seems like no auto tune, and a dyno tune instead would be much better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, there is no reputable dyno tuner for quite a distance (at least 60+ miles). I'd rather use a reputable setup like that and then just use another person's PC map until I can pick a tuner.

But all the maps I find are for all the wrong combinations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have everything you listed with the Ness Big Honkers. Installed the filter and PCV last month but have only had it out a couple of times due to extreme cold and snow here in the Northeast. I did get out for a hour or so on Saturday and it runs great. Lots of power thru out and no popping or backfiring whatsoever. I downloaded the map from PC website it is M19-009-007. I plan to have it dyno'd at Myrtle Beach in May but for now it actually runs pretty good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to have to do some "trial and error" probably. Still up in the air over the "autotune." Really not interested in it but it may be a necessary evil. Also, I imagine it's fairly easy to sell for decent price when I'm done with it

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
With basic knowledge of how to tune a bike and how and why to set the AFR at a certain throttle %/rpm. Am I suggesting that the AT is better than a tune by a reputable Vic tuner, no, but I'd rather run the AT then let just anyone tune the bike. There is only 4 people in North America that I would let tune my Vic. The AT, if you know what your doing does a fine job and I bet would be real close to that of a dyno tune and in some cases better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm at the "acceptance" stage with the PCV. It looks like there's now reputable tuner within over 1000 miles of my house and no maps close for that setup. I'm just going to keep the wheel at 0* and try the find a decent generic map.

It's frustrating. I've owned a bunch of bikes over the years and victory is the only brand I've had this problem with. Every other brand either had a ton of different maps or you could get one from someone else with no problem.

I'm just going to have to drive to Iowa or New York once the weather is nicer. Not what I was wanting to do.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have no problem sending you some maps to try, there are a few guys on here running one of my maps with nothing but good to say. Keep in mind that they were made with the autotune. My set up is
S&S intake
Timing wheel +4
PCV w AT +LCD screen
Full Bassani road rage 2 into 1

Let me know if you want to give one a shot....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I'm at the "acceptance" stage with the PCV. It looks like there's now reputable tuner within over 1000 miles of my house and no maps close for that setup. I'm just going to keep the wheel at 0* and try the find a decent generic map.

It's frustrating. I've owned a bunch of bikes over the years and victory is the only brand I've had this problem with. Every other brand either had a ton of different maps or you could get one from someone else with no problem.

I'm just going to have to drive to Iowa or New York once the weather is nicer. Not what I was wanting to do.
I don't know if you missed my earlier post on this thread or what but I am running the Lloydz Filter, Lloydz Timing wheel at +4, PCV and Ness big Honker slipons. I used the map on the power commander website M19-009-007 and my XCT runs great. I know how a Victory should run My 2008 Vision was Cammed and tuned by Lloyd himself. Minus the cams I am happy with the results I got with this map on my 2013 XCT. At least try it, what have you got to lose?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't find any info on the S&S intake for the Cross Bikes. But I'm sure the 2 into 1 maps would be way off. The two into two with that crossover and cats would be way too different. While I like a good 2 into 1 I decided not to buy one for cosmetic purposes because the bike came with the two pipes under the bags. I do love the low end torque 2 into 1 exhausts make though.

I did see your post about the factory Dynojet map which is where my "trial and error" comment came from.

I'd rather a map for the 4* advance with the Lloydz intake and a Stage 1 slip exhaust. I imagine that's pretty close.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Honestly I'm not a fan of any of the overly rich and cautious dynojet maps. There is enough good people on here I'm sure someone can send you a map that would get you close, or give Rylan at the Vic shop a call and he'll hook you up with a map that would match your mods (I think he charges a small fee but he is a pro so it will be worth it)....

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Well, there is no reputable dyno tuner for quite a distance (at least 60+ miles). I'd rather use a reputable setup like that and then just use another person's PC map until I can pick a tuner.

But all the maps I find are for all the wrong combinations.

I had to go 90 miles each way for my dyno tune. It's worth it to know that the map is right for YOUR bike. Even if you find someone with the exact setup as yours it won't be as spot-on as a dyno tune since all bikes have some variances. If you are really opposed to making the trip for a dyno tune, a canned map will get you close enough and give you a better running/performing bike. Perfect, no, but you won't get that unless you go to an experienced tuner.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have no problem sending you some maps to try, there are a few guys on here running one of my maps with nothing but good to say. Keep in mind that they were made with the autotune. My set up is
S&S intake
Timing wheel +4
PCV w AT +LCD screen
Full Bassani road rage 2 into 1

Let me know if you want to give one a shot....

I would love to look at some of your maps. I ordered the Bassini 2 into 1 last weekend. I'll put in on in a month or so. I have been playing with the mod's one at a time (for fun). Recently I did the PCV w/AT and the Lloyds air cleaner. I modified the mufflers a year ago (way too quiet for my liking before the gutting). I'll be doing the timing gear next, probably set at +6.

Honestly I'm not a fan of any of the overly rich and cautious dynojet maps. There is enough good people on here I'm sure someone can send you a map that would get you close, or give Rylan at the Vic shop a call and he'll hook you up with a map that would match your mods (I think he charges a small fee but he is a pro so it will be worth it)....
I agree. Dynojet maps are set at 13.3 at 2,5,10 and 20 % throttle. That's seems like a waste of fuel to me.

When I had PC3 on my 97 bagger, there were 100's of maps to choose from. It would be nice if somewhere someone would store and share maps.

Maps please. PM sent, KEN

1 - 20 of 20 Posts