Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, so I'd like some answers from the experts among you.

1) This first pic was taken while I had removed first the fairing, and was about to remove the dash. It's attached to the front-wheel side of the dash, and ends in a metal clip held in place by a plastic peg and a plastic clip.

I think it may be an antenna (FM?) for the radio, but I really don't know. (Incidentally, I have the shop manual, and that does not point out that you have to unclip this if you want to remove the dash... but obviously you do. You also have to unclip the three heated-grip wires, too, and aux-light wires if you've replaced that fake switch with a real one; none of this is mentioned either).

2012-03-28-17-01-31.jpg

2) With the fairing off, this second pic is a flexible plastic blob at the end of some wires. Is this the ambient temp sensor? Or what?

2012-03-28-21-34-48.jpg

3) This pic is - duh- a hole in the support bracket for the optional passenger grab rails. It's on the right side only (toward the front), not the left, and is not threaded. The instructions for the grab rails (which are only slightly incorrect, regarding the number of bolts of particular sizes) don't mention this hole, or if they did I missed it. Anyone know why it's there?

2012-05-09-13-15-57.jpg

·
13,002 Posts
Your first photo does the metal look like this? If so it for your ambient out side temperature. If you move it to a lower position you'll get a more accurate reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your first photo does the metal look like this? If so it for your ambient out side temperature. If you move it to a lower position you'll get a more accurate reading.
Yes, it does. Next time I have the fairing off, I'll take your advice.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I had to do some digging around in mine this past weekend and noticed item #2 also. I really never figured it out but settled on it being for the navi integration connector and moved on. Maybe somebody with a bit more experience than I will come along and either confirm or correct my guess.

Here is the connector I thought might go into it:

Victory Motorcycles GPS Audio Integration Harness 2010 Cross Country - pt# 2877930

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to do some digging around in mine this past weekend and noticed item #2 also. I really never figured it out but settled on it being for the navi integration connector and moved on. Maybe somebody with a bit more experience than I will come along and either confirm or correct my guess.

Here is the connector I thought might go into it:

Victory Motorcycles GPS Audio Integration Harness 2010 Cross Country - pt# 2877930
Bart,

Sounds like a good assumption. I don't have any of those options, so it's certainly possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(Bump) You mean nobody knows what that hole in the right-side grab-rail mount is for? Everyone else with passenger grab rails have that hole?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have that hole on my handles as well. No idea what it's for but i use it for my bungee cord when i strap my gym bag on the back seat. I just wish they had the hold in all 4 sides instead of just the one.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The hole on mine was for a small allen head bolt and nut. Then I forgot it was even there until I saw this thread!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts