Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone Polaris, it seems to me they dont really care about their customers.

The issue with my tank is ongoing and they claim they cant verify its a manufacture defect. For crying out loud there is really only 1 reason that paint would bubble up.

I had asked to talk to the tech department, denied. I asked to talk to a superior, i was told it takes 24 hours for them to call back.

This is my 1st Victory and honestly I dont know if I would stay with the brand or even Indian for that matter.

A 30 year bike I know has perfect paint still, but my 4 year old kingpin has the chicken pox starting.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just got off the phone Polaris, it seems to me they dont really care about their customers.

The issue with my tank is ongoing and they claim they cant verify its a manufacture defect. For crying out loud there is really only 1 reason that paint would bubble up.

I had asked to talk to the tech department, denied. I asked to talk to a superior, i was told it takes 24 hours for them to call back.

This is my 1st Victory and honestly I dont know if I would stay with the brand or even Indian for that matter.

A 30 year bike I know has perfect paint still, but my 4 year old kingpin has the chicken pox starting.
Might help if you posted a couple of photos of the fuel tank showing the areas you are concerned about.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Post on their Facebook page. I did and got a response later that same day. Pics would help since one can easily tell if it is a paint defect or something else.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Calling them out on Facebook seems to be the best way to get a response. I spoke on the phone with them, emailed them and got nothing but the bill for a wiring harness.
I don't FB and don't have much to offer other than I feel your pain and share your disgust. Mine was a new bike under factory warranty. Don't want to even start with the clutch and the switch that is defective, not sure about the clutch itself but it doesn't feel right and I don't trust the dealer in telling me it is. Just a feeling on that, so it could be wrong.
Good news is so far after the repairs, it seems ok. About now, the bike itself is about the only thing that will change my mind about the company. I don't see another Polaris product in the future. Now that Indian is out perhaps they will get their act somewhat together.
Just saying you aren't alone.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here are the shots I have of the issues with my tank. Granted they are small but thats not the point.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Paint is rarely covered by any manufacture. You may be better off just taking the fuel tank off and finding a really good custom paint shop that does bike work and having them do the job the way you want it done.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eh, what I want is paint that doesn't get f'ed up from when they applied the paint.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Those pics are confusing. It took me a minute to realize I was looking at the reflections of your house on the tank. That first looks like your pointing at your house's eave. :eek:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am f ING done with victory and polaris. They don't give a crap about customers at all. And my dealer on top of that, since he basically told polaris that it didn't look like it was manufacture defect

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I am f ING done with victory and polaris. They don't give a crap about customers at all. And my dealer on top of that, since he basically told polaris that it didn't look like it was manufacture defect

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
After reading all your threads and posts , YOUR DEALER is where I believe this went awry. You are right , if they had just initially told MA Vic it looked like a defect , this would probably all have gone away , and they would have ordered you a NEW tank , UNDER Warranty . If your dealer Cant , or wont back you up , time to find a new dealer. I have purchased 3 units, and thousands in parts from my dealer. I believe they would go to bat for me , if they double crossed me , like yours did to you , I would move on... They would hear about it too , and I assure you , they wouldn't like it. Good luck . cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
Paint is rarely covered by any manufacture. You may be better off just taking the fuel tank off and finding a really good custom paint shop that does bike work and having them do the job the way you want it done.
+1

your pictures are very confusing. where on the tank are we looking, top, front, side? near the seat, near the filler cap? that second pic looks like the paint is scuffed all to hell, what happened there?

At this point you'll be better off taking the tank to a painter. forcing this issue is kinda like forcing a dead horse up a tree; ain't never gonna happen.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have nothing intelligent to add to this other than:

you CAN force a dead horse up a tree with the right leverage...

·
Registered
81 Posts
You do of course realize that your dealer gets paid by Polaris to do warranty repairs and if they thought they could get Polaris to authorize it they would as they make money that way. If they don't think it's a manufacturer's defect, it probably isn't. I know that makes you wrong, but you probably are. Whatever you do it's going to cost you money and you're going to be mad at Victory. That's how things work sometimes.

I've run my own successful business for decades and one thing I've learned is the customer is always right, until they're wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You do of course realize that your dealer gets paid by Polaris to do warranty repairs and if they thought they could get Polaris to authorize it they would as they make money that way. If they don't think it's a manufacturer's defect, it probably isn't. I know that makes you wrong, but you probably are. Whatever you do it's going to cost you money and you're going to be mad at Victory. That's how things work sometimes.

I've run my own successful business for decades and one thing I've learned is the customer is always right, until they're wrong.
Unless , This dealer just didn't want to add to their warranty numbers for any specific reason. We here at Ford get penalized for doing "Too Much" warranty work dollar wise in any given month... Just sayin.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
+1

your pictures are very confusing. where on the tank are we looking, top, front, side? near the seat, near the filler cap? that second pic looks like the paint is scuffed all to hell, what happened there?

At this point you'll be better off taking the tank to a painter. forcing this issue is kinda like forcing a dead horse up a tree; ain't never gonna happen.
1 is on the left side up half on the top, the other is left side down by the peak and another on the right side on the side of the peak.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless , This dealer just didn't want to add to their warranty numbers for any specific reason. We here at Ford get penalized for doing "Too Much" warranty work dollar wise in any given month... Just sayin.
Oddly enough I can kinda understand that point of view, warranty on a tank or warranty someones mechanical issue.

My main gripe is the fact, he (dealer) said it wasnt a manufacture defect. I had a strange feeling on Adam at my dealer, I got a shaddy vibe from him. My sales guy i had a good vibe from him, like I could trust him. Now Im thinking did Adam actually take my clutch apart to find the noise or not.

I do have a dealer 3 miles from me, but they just started with Vic. I hear of 1 in Lebanon NJ that it is pretty good, but thats a hike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts