Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife has decided that she is less comfortable on the bike than she used to be. So she only wants to go on very short local rides with me. Since we used to do a lot of weekend day trips...wine tours and the like on the bike, I am finding I am using my bike less and less. Soooo...as many have done in the past, I am thinking of selling my bike.

The question I have, is what is it worth? If it isn't worth a lot due to Polaris shitting on the Victory line than i will give it to my son. But if it is worth some money, I will probably put her up for sale (the bike, not my wife).

Can I get some estimates as to a value for:

2010 Cross Country - Midnight Cherry. 28,800 kms (17,900 miles)

Both tires have <1000km on them.

Exhaust is Rhinehart baffles stuffed into stock cans. I also have a stage 1 muffler that will go with the bike.

There is a scrape on the very bottom edge of one saddle bag where some stuff in my garage fell against it while it was off the bike.you have to get down on your knees to see it.

Bike is located in Southern Ontario.

Forgive the poor quality photos...had to sacrifice quality to get the files small enough to upload.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Tough to answer in part because of you being in Canada. A couple of years ago a mostly stock 2012 Cross Country TOUR was worth about $10k. It is now two years later, yours is not a Tour model, and yours is a 2010. All those factors subtract value. You have low miles which would add a small amount of value. If I had to guess, I would say that in the USA, you would be lucky to get $8000 for it and would likely have to accept $6-7k. This is all off the cuff guess work without any research into KBB or other used bike value sites. The biggest issue is what the used bike market is like where you live in Canada.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Kelly Blue book says; $8,825(US Dollars) In Good Condition with typical mileage (This is more than I expected to see)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check out what is on AutoTrader or Kijiji, that will give you the ball park figure. From experience, unless its a rake kit or serious custom work, upgrades won't factor in to resale.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Whoever the lucky new owner is should have to pay a slight premium for the bike because your forum handle is Ass_Coach...that is magnificent :nerd

Skin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have looked on autotrader...there aren't many for sale.

I have found two similar...My local dealer has one with 51,000km for $11,000.

Another on the west coast with 40,000km for $12500.

With the dollar at $1.30US, $8825 blue book is the same as $11470Can.

My problem, is that these are asking prices...not what they are selling for. That is why I thought I would ask...You guys seem to have a better sense of reality.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but a savvy buyer will know about the older tranny they had in the pre 11' models which could also impact the selling price. I only say this because I had one same year and color as you. I also had to get the frame kit to be able to use the lock-n-ride trunk I had. Just a couple of things to take into consideration.

·
Registered
602 Posts
So my wife has decided that she is less comfortable on the bike than she used to be. So she only wants to go on very short local rides with me. Since we used to do a lot of weekend day trips...wine tours and the like on the bike, I am finding I am using my bike less and less. Soooo...as many have done in the past, I am thinking of selling my bike.

The question I have, is what is it worth? If it isn't worth a lot due to Polaris shitting on the Victory line than i will give it to my son. But if it is worth some money, I will probably put her up for sale (the bike, not my wife).

Can I get some estimates as to a value for:

2010 Cross Country - Midnight Cherry. 28,800 kms (17,900 miles)

Both tires have <1000km on them.

Exhaust is Rhinehart baffles stuffed into stock cans. I also have a stage 1 muffler that will go with the bike.

There is a scrape on the very bottom edge of one saddle bag where some stuff in my garage fell against it while it was off the bike.you have to get down on your knees to see it.

Bike is located in Southern Ontario.

Forgive the poor quality photos...had to sacrifice quality to get the files small enough to upload.

Thanks for the help.
hmm southern ON eh....we're not far apart, I will PM you....

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
207 Posts
You said 1 important thing ....There just aren't many out there for sale. Those out there looking and really want one would be willing to pay more. As far as the earlier transmissions , they're great! Had an 04 for 10 years, never a problem. I think you will find many potential buyers don't even know Polaris gave up on Victory. All comes down to what YOU want to get I wouldn't just give it away. Like you say you can give it to your son.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wish you luck with the sale of your bike. I tried to sell my 2014 Cross Country, loaded with goodies on Cycle Trader, not even a nibble. I was asking a little over $10K. I ended up taking $6K on a trade and the dealer sold my Vic while I was picking up the new Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ass_Couch in the WFIW department, as a guy (me) watching for a CC/CCT to pickup...
A 2010 in good shape, descent low miles, etc. "8s" would be the top of the scale. It would have to be particularly clean and well kept.
Mid-High "7's" ($7600~$7900 US) would be more attractive.
Keep in mind, in November momma acquired a 2012 CR with 33k miles for $6900 out the door. Her CR is a couple years newer, has higher miles, and not a CC - agreed. But still a comparison point...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Is trading the wife for a newer model a possible solution here?

I know I joked about this to my wife once, and she's never brought up selling one of my bikes since. I love it when she gets my jokes, rare as that may be.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My personal experience is, buy high sell low. Thats why I have a tendency to really really like what I buy. Because it never seems to work in my favor. If you can afford to sit on it you may be better off.
I dont recall seeing anything about a trans issue on this motor. The older V-92 I do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the help.

I seem to fit into the buy high sell low model as well. Seems whenever I am buying something it is the hottest commodity but whenever I am selling you can't give them away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts