Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and 2 other guys have planned our spring trip. We have rented a house just north of Blanco in the country. It has a big rap around porch and a balcony and I'm sure there will be upteen million deer around the place. It's very close to the Shade Tree Bar and Grill which is a biker hangout. I haven't been in the Hill Country for a while. I here that the hipsters are moving in and screwing everything up. So I guess it's a good thing for me to ride it again before they have totally ruined the place. The riding will always be good but a lot of the old hangouts are hipster places now from what I hear and that sucks. The hipsters look down on the scooter tramps, they are not real happy when a group of bikers ride in to their establishment dressed in leather with scantly dressed women and their pipes are raddling the windows. They are more of the bicycle riding club kind of people, you know really weird people. I guess in time they will come around though because this area is the most popular riding area in Texas. They have dozens of rallies and motorcycle shows and riding for most parts is year around. The last time I was down there we just mainly rode the 3 Sisters and stayed in the area. Hell, no one could get cell service in the area. Places change and the older you get the more they change.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
You’re gonna be pretty close to my neck of the woods :)

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it will be close to you, but about 400 miles from my house to the place we rented. Colorado is closer but way to early to head up there. I knew that the Hill Country had wineries popping up everywhere, but they also have several whiskey distilleries in that area now, two in Blanco. I found this site, Texas Whisky Trail.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I've done some of the stops on the whiskey trail: quite good. I've also visited a bunch of the wineries around the Fredricksburg area: also quite good.

I think you're gonna have a blast :)

Weather around here is in the 70s during the day right now, and sometimes even up into the low 80s.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
The wife and I were in the Austin area last year and she wants to start planning a trip for this year. She said she needs about 30 dyas to put in for vacation. I'd love to visit TX again. When were you booked for your stay? If timing works out, maybe we could meet up. We have a toyhauler and would need to find a RV park somewhere in the vicinity.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wife and I were in the Austin area last year and she wants to start planning a trip for this year. She said she needs about 30 dyas to put in for vacation. I'd love to visit TX again. When were you booked for your stay? If timing works out, maybe we could meet up. We have a toyhauler and would need to find a RV park somewhere in the vicinity.
It's not that far out and this is a special thing that we have planned out. It's a special group of friends and we do this once a year with only this group, sorry
:confused:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I've been all over the south for my job over the last 20 years but Texas is my favorite (second to TN of course). The downside is like TN, people are moving in from all over the country due to low taxes and cheap land which eventually leads to higher taxes and higher land prices.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been all over the south for my job over the last 20 years but Texas is my favorite (second to TN of course). The downside is like TN, people are moving in from all over the country due to low taxes and cheap land which eventually leads to higher taxes and higher land prices.
We have a lot of people coming in from all over the USA. Way to many from California. There is building every place you go. Rural areas with oil production are booming, truck traffic is unreal with long convoys going from one oilfield to another one. Old motels and cafes that had been closed down for years have reopened and small towns that were almost dead are booming with new structures going up. Tens of thousands of wind generators are going up all over N/W Texas because of our prevailing winds. The tourism in The Hill Country is rapid. I haven't seen it like this since the late 60's and early 70's.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I imagine this trip will be cancelled do to the coronavirus. I'm afraid this may mess-up most of the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
584 Posts
Love the hill country, some great riding. Did, and have the shirt to prove it, The Three Twisted Sisters. There is a REALLY GOOD burger place, The Alamo Springs Cafe not far from Luckenbach.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We canceled the reservations for the house. Decided it is not a good time to head to the hill country. Maybe in the fall sometime everything will be OK. But kind doughty that it will be just have to wait and see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts