Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when you text while you drive.
I was slowing down to make a left turn, had turn signal on and this dumb lady was texting and did not know I was slowing down and hit me, broke my bumper and hers was broke too

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
This is what happens when you text while you drive.
I was slowing down to make a left turn, had turn signal on and this dumb lady was texting and did not know I was slowing down and hit me, broke my bumper and hers was broke too
Be sure to sue her for pain and suffering.

Sorry it happened to ya, but better in a semi than on a bike.

The other day I was turning left in the median across a 4 lane highway. A car was coming right at me from the road I was about to turn onto. I'm in disbelief as this car isn't slowing as I'm honking and screaming profanities at the top of my lungs.

I ended up looking into the oncoming lanes and saw there was only a cement truck in the slow lane so I gunned it going down the highway the wrong way in the fast lane until the cement truck passed. I then pulled a quick uee in behind him and turned off on my road. The driver was an old lady mouthing her apologies.

I can't bring myself to get too mad at people who just suck and realize it. OTOH, if I had someone rear end me while on the god damn phone I honestly don't know if I could prevent myself from feeding it to them.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I'm glad that's all that was damaged. However, I bet her bumper sustained more damage than yours did. Perhaps that'll teach her.

Unfortunately, even if she tells everyone, it won't help others to wait. You can repeatedly tell a child not to touch a hot stove, but they won't believe you until they touch it.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Got hit by an 18 year old girl on the phone and I passed up the opportunity to sequester her phone. That will not happen again. Held as evidence.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think all 18 year old females should be banned from driving

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
That's a good start, Infy. A while back, I read the result of a study that found that for one to have the maturity of a 16 year old in the mid 1950s (me) today, that doesn't happen until age 26. Therefore, no drivers' license until age 26. thumb up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
No way will I agree with this. The 18 year olds are just as variable in their attention to their surroundings as the 30 or 40 or even 50 year olds. Do you want to ban all cell phone users? I could support that, but I cannot support anything based on age. I own a cell phone, as most of us probably do, but I have no sympathy for someone so tied to their phone that they are ignoring the world around them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No way will I agree with this. The 18 year olds are just as variable in their attention to their surroundings as the 30 or 40 or even 50 year olds. Do you want to ban all cell phone users? I could support that, but I cannot support anything based on age. I own a cell phone, as most of us probably do, but I have no sympathy for someone so tied to their phone that they are ignoring the world around them.
Why make all cellphone drivers/users pay for the actions of 18 year old females? Just ban 18 year old females from driving and the world will be a better place. Until they learn their BFF isn't worth killing people over, they don't need to drive. 17, sure, no problem there. 19, sure, no problem there. 18, they are too emotionally invested in their BFFs to pay attention to anything around them.

You don't have to agree with it. It's law. At least it's going to be when I'm president.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Can you be President now? Cause the one we have SUCKS.....

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Can you be President now? Cause the one we have SUCKS.....
We used to have who got sucked, and not by his wife. Although she sucks too.:ltr:

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I have no sympathy for someone so tied to their phone that they are ignoring the world around them.
If I was a purse snatcher, or a kidnapper, I would be doing a land office business these days. We have all seen girls out in public, so absorbed with their phone that they are completely unaware of their surroundings. Someone could sneak up on them and....:mad:

·
Registered
129 Posts
We used to have who got sucked, and not by his wife. Although she sucks too.:ltr:
I'm sure we had more than one...it's just that the one specific president wasn't very good at lying about it. cheers

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I'm sure we had more than one...it's just that the one specific president wasn't very good at lying about it. cheers
He sure tried to lie about it, quite a few times.:crzy:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Had a woman texting while driving a Q56. We stopped same grocery store and I remarked how dangerous that is and her response is she's a good driver and multi tasker. I said no one is and she walked away. See that is why I don't carry a gun.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Had a woman texting while driving a Q56. We stopped same grocery store and I remarked how dangerous that is and her response is she's a good driver and multi tasker. I said no one is and she walked away. See that is why I don't carry a gun.
She was mellower than most...usually they bark back with colorful epithets. :eek:

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been thinking about carrying some type of wood club when I ride but I don't know the laws on that, and might actually get me in more trouble than what it is worth;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts