Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never liked how intro or beginners bikes always looked dorky, with little to no cool factor. What do you guys think of this as a first time bike?

It's 229cc, air cooled, 2 valves, 1 cylinder - with everything easily accessible, this could be not just great to learn riding, but also learn maintaining the bike.

2012-cleveland-cycle-works-heist-10.jpg
2012-cleveland-cycle-works-heist-15.jpg
2013 216 edition heist.jpg
2013 heist detail 1.jpg
2013 heist detail 5.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
That actually looks like a lot of fun! If my stable weren't already overflowing, I'd consider it. Then again, I have a serious problem with wanting every motorcycle I see! At least I'm past the denial stage...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That actually looks like a lot of fun! If my stable weren't already overflowing, I'd consider it. Then again, I have a serious problem with wanting every motorcycle I see! At least I'm past the denial stage...
Yeah, my wife hints that she'll get her own bike sometime. Not sure if she's fully joking, or if there's a desire for her to ride, but something like this would work for her petite frame, to kick around the block. Or maybe I'm just using her as an excuse to have this in the garage to toy with. :D

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Read a review of that in a bike mag recently - don't know which one or I'd mention it. Its made by our loving and close friends in China and the testers thought it somewhat crude and ill handling. Price was around $4K, if I recall. For that money, one could buy a very nice new or used 250 to 350 something with parts and service backup. Just sayin'

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read a review of that in a bike mag recently - don't know which one or I'd mention it. Its made by our loving and close friends in China and the testers thought it somewhat crude and ill handling. Price was around $4K, if I recall. For that money, one could buy a very nice new or used 250 to 350 something with parts and service backup. Just sayin'
Price is $3,195. :D A used 250 to 350 something will have about zero looks appeal. This thing looks good for a production bobber, and has a one year warranty - the used 250 to 350 something won't have any warranty. And, as a beginner bike, it probably won't be kept for more than a year anyways. Here are some more pics.
Kev 1.jpg
eveningride002.jpg
eveningride005.jpg
eveningride017.jpg
eveningride061.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wouldn't be a bad little tool around town bike either. I've considered buying a Johnny Pag bike for that purpose. FI 320cc mill, full sized frame, good looking ride. You can catch them on Craigslist every now and then for a around two grand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
194 Posts
OK, dont laugh...

But it was this bike that first drew my eye to custom choppers!! I was seriously considering one of them - looks like so much fun!! And they are wildly stylistic - you cant find a cooler looking bike for that price! Alas, it was TINY - too small for me. So, I ended up buying a Honda Shadow 600 and making a chopper out of that - and even that was too small and underpowered. So, I bought the Victory!!!!

Although it is Chinese "made", the company owner went to China himself and sourced only the best of the best parts. He is actually out of Sacramento, CA, not too far from where I am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts