Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your sacrifice makes our freedom possible and may we remember those who lost their lives in the process of fighting for our freedoms and still do to this day.

Here's a video from Victory expressing their gratitude as well. Victory has always been supportive of the men and women in uniform and have even given us discounts on motorcycle to prove it.

VICTORY VIDEO

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
You're welcome. And to those who avoided contributing some time to serving your country in the military; thanks for nothing.

I fly two flags, a 50 star and a 48 star as I served under that one, as did the WWII and Korean War vets. Across the street live two WWII vets, my heroes. We speak English (most of us) and live free lives because of what they and their brothers in arms accomplished.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You're welcome.
Today is Memorial day. It is to honor the fallen, not living veterans. There is another day for that.

And to those who avoided contributing some time to serving your country in the military; thanks for nothing.
That's a heck of a thing to say. There is more to a functioning country than protecting it from foreign enemies. In addition to the fallen, I'd like to thank everyone who did/does anything productive that creates the wealth that gives our military something to protect. They never seem to get any credit and generally don't go seeking it.

We speak English (most of us) and live free lives because of what they and their brothers in arms accomplished.
According to the International Centre for Prison Studies at King's College London, the U.S. currently has the largest documented prison population in the world, both in absolute and proportional terms. We've got roughly 2.03 million people behind bars, or 701 per 100,000 population. China has the second-largest number of prisoners (1.51 million, for a rate of 117 per 100,000), and Russia has the second-highest rate (606 per 100,000, for a total of 865,000). Russia had the highest rate for years, but has released hundreds of thousands of prisoners since 1998; meanwhile the U.S. prison population has grown by even more.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My thanks go out to those who served, families of those who served, people that supported the Military and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

Please don't turn this day of grieving into a political fight. Neither the people who gave everything nor their families deserve any sort of discredit.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I give thanks daily for my friends that lost more than time overseas and those who came before all the way back to the Revolutionary War.

Don't worry Saddlebag, I feel much the same way about current Vets. It seems to me that this current generation of Vet have a sense of entitlement and superiority complex. Not everyone is meant to serve and many that try really shouldn't. I personally don't want special treatment, but a little less profiling in job interviews would be nice.

Hopefully RICZ was talking about draft dodging not just anyone who has not served.

Now before anyone starts flaming me here is a little background about me: I have served multiple tours in Iraq and in Afghanistan as an Infantryman and as a Scout. I am currently back in Afghanistan working as a civilian.

I would challenge all the members here to celebrate Memorial/ Decoration day the appropriate way, visit a veterans cemetery and decorate and give thanks to those who have given their all for all of us.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
It was an honor and privilege to serve this country. My father served in Korea and I honor his service today and everyday. R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Red Rocker,
God bless your father and all others who answered the call with him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Active Duty Air Force here. I give thanks to those who served before me and all the hard work they put into every operation that was carried out. My dad served in the Army Air Force back in WWII and was stationed at RAF Lakenheath. Funny coincidence that I was stationed there from 1999-2004 and he really loved that before he passed away. My father retired from the Marines and did his time in all the fighting in the 90's. :cool:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Many thanks to all our friends, brothers and sisters who paid the ultimate price for our Freedom. God Bless and Here's to you......

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hopefully RICZ was talking about draft dodging not just anyone who has not served.
How prescient of you Garion. That is exactly to what I was referring. Relatives served in WWII and Korea. Most came back and some did not. Friends served in Viet Nam. Most came back and some did not. I like to think of Memorial Day as a time to appreciate both groups, no matter what some nit picker thinks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your welcome.me of my best memories was when i deployed 3 days after 9.11 on the flight to Virginia a lady looked at me and asked if i would take her seat in first class. I told her no i couldn't i needed to sit with my team i thanked her and she looked me in my eyes and said. Young man thank you for everything your going to encounter. She handed me an American flag pin which i have to this day on the inside of my dcu top.
I did put flowers out at the veterans memorial today a flower for each fallen soldier. It is those we need to remember today amongst those who are not around us or those still in. Today is a day for all serving fighting or lost.
Thanks to all
perdue.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Memorial Day thanks

Retired Air Force here. I give thanks for the service of my dad who was retired Sgt Maj Army, my grandfather, WWII Navy, my great grandfather who was WWi Army, and all my Uncles, cousins, a nephew, and other family members who have passed after serving their country. I honor my still living sisters, brothers, nephews, aunt, uncles, and numerous family members who are still serving or are retired/separated from the services.

I come from a very large military family, and can speak for us all when I say, we honor all of our fallen "brothers in arms" . The words Thank You will never be enough. We understand that freedom is not free. Like my family members before me, and the generations coming up after me, we know the life of a soldier is a heavy price, but freedom comes at a high price.

Thank you, may you rest in eternal peace.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Turn off Fox News, relax and have a refreshment:
No cable. No satellite. Just an antenna. Watch local and PBS news. Liberal enough influence for you Saddle? :crzy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts