Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not what most would initially think...

Nice ride today and on the way home I stopped and picked up some oil for a fresh change to start the season properly.

Got home and proceeded to do my best NASCAR pit crew impersonation, just because I like how easy it is to change the oil. Got the old oil drained, pulled the filter, pause for beverage, reinstall drain plug, spin the new filter on and fill 'er up!

Started cleaning up, quite proud of myself in completing everything in about 10 minutes.... And see the crush washer for the drain plug sitting all nice and shiny on the drop cloth. :mad:

Of course the bike is now full of fresh oil so I am trying to figure out how to quickly pull the drain plug, use a finger to stop the bleeding and get the plug back in before I lose a ton of my fresh oil... Again, :mad:

Got the bright idea (yea, a real stretch after how this has gone so far) to set the bike over on her right side to put the drain high. Eased it over, pulled the plug and not a drop! Helped that it was on a bit of a decline but still, happy with the recovery...

Proof that a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then... :ride:

/r

Allen

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
There you go! :ltr: Multi-function tip-over protection. cheers

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Had that happen on a car, :confused: but your solution wasn't plausibile,
dumped 4 quarts in a clean pan and reused, that will never happen again...:)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
and you always check to see that the old filter gasket
is not left on the motor before putting on the new filter.
[on any vehicle. dont ask me how i know].:)

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Had that happen on a car, :confused: but your solution wasn't plausibile,
dumped 4 quarts in a clean pan and reused, that will never happen again...:)
I did worse on a car once, hopefully never again,
drained the sump, removed the oil filter, filled the new filter halfway with fresh oil and screwed it back on, filled up the sump with another 4 litres of fresh Penrite, checked the level.......errr..none there???
Hadn't replaced the sump bung:crzy: fresh oil went straight through and back out into the old oil:crzy::D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts